Buffalo Bills 2023 Summer - Post-Draft and Pre-Camp Talk

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • TE

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • OL

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • DE

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • DL

• LB

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • CB

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
My disappointment with this is there is no Hopkins, and no day 2 or better WR.
If the first trade was "27 for 38 - remove 70 and insert Hopkins" then I'm down with this mock.
I'm more anti-Hopkins than anyone here. No thank you.

Mingo is absolutely a 'day 2' receiver. He's just rated too low by PFN - along with most other people.

Reactions: buffa dud

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Decided to also do two last mock drafts. One without trades, one with. The results:

The no trades mock ended up being the absolute silliest high value best case scenario mock I've ever seen:

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 2.41.38 PM.png

The trades trades trades mock was also super fun where I walked away with a whole bunch of players I really like AND an extra second for next year:
Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 2.47.36 PM.png

Reactions: brian_griffin

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Know what friggin blows?

ESPN+ has no coverage of the draft. None. Not some hokey alternative stream. Not even access to the ESPN/ABC streams. Nothing.

What a friggin joke. I know it's not that expensive......but jesus, so SOMETHING for your subscribers for the draft.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Know what friggin blows?

ESPN+ has no coverage of the draft. None. Not some hokey alternative stream. Not even access to the ESPN/ABC streams. Nothing.

What a friggin joke. I know it's not that expensive......but jesus, so SOMETHING for your subscribers for the draft.

I'm not sure if there are any restrictions (i.e. needing a tv subscription to sign-in), but the "ways to watch" link on NFL.com seems to suggest that espn is streaming draft coverage:

2023 NFL Draft | NFL Draft News, Video & Photos | NFL.com

1682623281611.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Know what friggin blows?

It is likely due to deals with cable and satellite providers.

Reactions: Zman5778

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Decided to also do two last mock drafts. One without trades, one with. The results:

The no trades mock ended up being the absolute silliest high value best case scenario mock I've ever seen:

View attachment 697764

The trades trades trades mock was also super fun where I walked away with a whole bunch of players I really like AND an extra second for next year:
View attachment 697770
I've got to beat your 'no trades' mock. IMO Flowers would be such a horrible pick at 27:

27. RB Bijan Robinson (literally one of maybe 2/3 times I've seen him drop)
59 C Joe Tippmann
91 LB Daiyan Henley
130 OT Wanya Morris
137 WR Michael Wilson
205 EDGE Nick Herbig

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've got to beat your 'no trades' mock. IMO Flowers would be such a horrible pick at 27:

27. RB Bijan Robinson (literally one of maybe 2/3 times I've seen him drop)
59 C Joe Tippmann
91 LB Daiyan Henley
130 OT Wanya Morris
137 WR Michael Wilson
205 EDGE Nick Herbig
To each their own, but I like my no trade mock a lot more :laugh:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Jackson signing per Rapoport/Glazer...and Ravens are now betting favorite for Hopkins btw...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Kiper = Don Cherry? Been there forever, can be equal parts outrageous and wrong.
Nah. Mel isn't a LAMP pot stirrer like Grapes. He's just a nerd who published his own draft guide in his basement. He was never really made for TV--and while he tries hard to do the talking head shtick, he's never been very good at it.

Buchsbaum, on the other hand, was the real deal. He essentially dedicated his life to scouting (lived with his mom, never went out, his only friend was a tiny little dog).

He understood how film study worked (I wouldn't be surprised if he taught the NFL a thing or two in that regard), which is why he was held in such high regard by folks who do it for a living. I read his draft guides cover to cover and it was fun to refer back to them 3-4 later and see how accurate his profiles were.

Cool profile article: If you subscribe to a recruiting website, this could be you

Last edited:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Know what friggin blows?

It's so exceedingly stupid that "ESPN" and "ESPN+" are different things and having one doesn't guarantee access to the other.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
A good mock from Matt Parrino:

Swap 27 for 34 with ARI for DHop, pick 180

Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan

Swap 59, 137, 2024 6th for Lions 48, 183

Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa

Ricky Stromberg, IOL, Arkansas

K.J. Henry, Edge, Clemson

Ji’Ayir Brown, S, Penn State

Carter Warren, OT, Pittsburgh

Payne Durham, TE, Purdue