Red Sox/MLB 2023 Spring Training Begins- Forbes says Boston Red Sox are worth $4.5 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dalbec has been kinda decent at SS. That changes the equation for him a bit if he can back up there

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Connor Wong and Yu Chang make the team, Dalbec and Alfaro to the Woo. I liked Alfaro a lot for his energy and thump but damn is the defense and plate approach rough

Hopefully Chang can keep up his WBC level of play

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Connor Wong and Yu Chang make the team, Dalbec and Alfaro to the Woo. I liked Alfaro a lot for his energy and thump but damn is the defense and plate approach rough

Hopefully Chang can keep up his WBC level of play

Alfaro did everything he could. I know he's not the best catcher but hes a good hitter. I hope he works a bit more in Worcester abd comes back up. I love Aquaman.

Tapia should make the team, imo. Duran has been decent this spring. Send him to Worcester to work more.

Last pen spot?...with all the injuries who knows.

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't care what anybody says;

With a 162 game season there are plenty of ways to ensure that the first 2 (at least) opening series of the season are played in domes or cities where the weather is better than:

NY, Philly, Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Colorado, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Chicago

Domes: TB, Texas, Miami, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Houston, Seattle, Arizona, Toronto

Almost guaranteed better weather than the above: Oakland, SF, SD, Anaheim, LA, Atlanta

Likely better weather than the above: Baltimore, Washington, St. Louis, KC

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Tapia over Duran every day. Basically any living ofer over Duran after what we saw last year. My God our catching is weak. However kind of need good field no hit catchers to nurse our extremely questionable and always injury-riddled pitching staff.

Reactions: bbfan419

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's probably better for Dalbec to be getting 4 ABs a night in Worcester than to be sitting on the bench 5 days a week in Boston. If he can work on consistency and pitch selection, I think he has a bright future, I just hope he has the patience to do so since he could probably push them to trade him to a lower tier MLB team where he would be starting every day.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

A new, energy-efficient LED field lighting system has been installed this offseason in the Fenway Park light towers that will provide better visibility for players and fans during night games. The installation of LED lighting is another step in the ongoing effort to make Fenway Park a more sustainable venue. The previous field lighting system was originally installed in 1982 and consisted of metal halide light fixtures. The new LED system offers superior brightness and clarity and improved uniformity of lighting on the playing field. The LED lighting system offers a 10- to 20-time longer product life than the previous lighting and is more eco-friendly with its energy conservation and CO2 emission reduction.

In accordance with Major League Baseball’s new rules for the 2023 season, five clocks will be in place at Fenway Park: two on the field wall behind home plate, one affixed to the main videoboard, one on the light tower in center field, and one high above home plate directly beneath the Dell Technologies level. Pitchers now have 15 seconds with empty bases and 20 seconds with runner(s) on base to deliver their pitch. The pitch clock debuted during Spring Training and helped speed up the pace of game by 26 minutes compared to 2022 Spring Training games.

Additionally, bigger, 18-inch bases have also been installed in the infield decreasing the distance between bases by 4.5 inches from first base to second base and second base to third base.

Fenway Park concessionaire Aramark will debut several new gameday offerings for the 2023 season including crabcake sandwiches, avocado fries, and gluten-free cheese pizza made with a cauliflower crust. A New England maple bacon burger featuring a fresh beef patty with maple bacon, caramelized onion, and Vermont cheddar cheese served on a brioche bun will be a new featured item available on the Truly Terrace and at concession stands behind home plate.
Classic ballpark favorites such as steak and cheese and grande nachos in a baseball helmet will now be available at concessions stands throughout the ballpark.

Fenway Park will expand its Artificial Intelligence self-checkout offering that debuted last season in the Truly Terrace to other areas of the ballpark this season. A self-checkout, grab-and-go kiosk has been added in the concourse behind Home Plate and two new units that allow for contactless beverage checkout are now available on the State Street Pavilion Level and in the Big Concourse. Four self-dispensing popcorn machines with AI self-checkout capabilities are also available in the Big Concourse and in the left field State Street Pavilion Level.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad