OT: 2023 Soccer and Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
It was a very straight forward question.

The passing is not as crisp. Players don't receive passes as well, and both teams are giveaway machines. Additionally, although more related to integrity rather than skill, both teams dive, embellish, and roll around as if they just snapped a femur. My theory is that they cover their faces out of shame at being aware of what they're doing.

• Haha
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

The passing is not as crisp. Players don't receive passes as well, and both teams are giveaway machines. Additionally, although more related to integrity rather than skill, both teams dive, embellish, and roll around as if they just snapped a femur. My theory is that they cover their faces out of shame at being aware of what they're doing.

?

About half this Canadian team are very good MLS players and the other half play in leagues well above MLS. And that's without Davies. This Canadian team would dominate MLS. Jonathan David would be the best player in MLS.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

it's more that these guys don't play together normally. this team with its speed and finishing would smash the mls.

• Love
Reactions: Kreator

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
?

About half this Canadian team are very good MLS players and the other half play in leagues well above MLS. And that's without Davies. This Canadian team would dominate MLS. Jonathan David would be the best player in MLS.

Players like A. Johnston and Kone are already attracting interest from European teams.

This is the golden generation of Canadian soccer and this team in full form could even beat an MLS all star team.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This is fantastic..it’s been a long time coming..Hopefully,in the years to come ,we will expect the bar to always qualify for the WC…

Canada has come a long way in the development of its young players…

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is a good team. If Davies is back and healthy and we get a good draw, it shouldn't be an unrealistic goal to get out of the group stage.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
1648418792608.gif

Frostage

May 23, 2014
Congratulations Canada

Congratulations to John Herdman. He did great things with the women's team and now has helped the men's team qualify for a world cup.

Frostage

May 23, 2014
Herdman deserves praise, but the main difference between this club and clubs past is more about the available personnel than their tactics.

Oh the quality of players has definitely improved. I wasn't trying to say that Herdman was solely responsible or anything like that. Just congratulating him on becoming the first manager to lead a women's and men's team to the world cup.

Reactions: Jyrki21

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Wow, Canada can move into "pot 3" with a win tomorrow vs Panama.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
The Whitecaps might have the worst ownership group in North American pro sports. Especially when you consider they are one of the richest owner groups in the MLS.

Reactions: Hit the post

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Ehh there are definitely a bunch of MLB owners who are worse than the Whitecaps group. But definitely near the bottom with this collective

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The Whitecaps might have the worst ownership group in North American pro sports. Especially when you consider they are one of the richest owner groups in the MLS.

Yeah, not sure about the "worst ownership group" label, but I can't see the Whitecaps continuing to be relevant in the Vancouver sports market if ownership continues to make it clear they are content to be a bottom dweller.

I sure as hell I know that VWFC won't get any more of my money if they demonstrate they don't really have any interest in putting together a team that can contend for the MLS championship.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yeah, not sure about the "worst ownership group" label, but I can't see the Whitecaps continuing to be relevant in the Vancouver sports market if ownership continues to make it clear they are content to be a bottom dweller.

I sure as hell I know that VWFC won't get any more of my money if they demonstrate they don't really have any interest in putting together a team that can contend for the MLS championship.

The Whitecaps franchise is a hedge fund, and the owners are totally fine to put out a garbage product, and not investing into the franchise. They will inevitably cash out when they sell the franchise to a US based group and the franchise will move out of Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad