2023 Season Discussion Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There is a guy in my league who has Cooper and Jefferson but missed the playoffs.
Usually I face the guy who has players like that. I finished as the 6th seed and if things break right I will upset the 1 seed.
In one league I need CMC and Kittle to outscore Pacheco by 20, and the other it’s Hurts/AJ vs. Swift, DeVonta and Gus Edwards and in a dead even match right now, I’m trailing by <1 point.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I’d start Swift for sure and I’d probably leave Achane off. Conner obviously the hot hand between him and Bijan but not as good a matchup. I’d likely lean Conner but that is a tough one because if Bijan doesn’t put up a bagel last week I would probably be saying choose him. Both seem more questionable than Evans by a decent margin
Thanks - altho i saw this only now.
I had Bijan-Conner in as starters all week... and then capitulated to public opinion and benched Conner for Swift.
Bijan did well... Conner did well on my bench, as i expected as the bell-cow there.. will probably play him the championship next week.... until i second guess once again and probably bench him for Achane.

Had JJ, ASB, Evans, Bijan, Higgins carry me to the title game this week...
Good luck everyone in their leagues.

So I'm about seven points up going into Monday night and my opponent still has Lamar...but I can start either of Waller or Likely at TE in a PPR...do I go with Likely trying to siphon off Jackson or just go with Waller? I do think Waller's the slightly better bet considering it's unlikely Likely goes off a third straight game against the Niners, but of course there's always the health issue.
Did ya go Waller or Likely?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Mahomes once again coming up small. Combine that with DJ Moore giving me nothing and Dustin Hopkins getting hurt I am likely in trouble. Opponent has Lamar Jackson and Jake Elliot left and I have the SF defense with a 20 point lead

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Squeaked into the finals with a 10 pt. victory.

So, I've been using waiver pickups at QB since Burrow went down and this week I managed to snag Kyler Murray who'll go up against a crappy Eagles D. Happy with that.

My only dilemma...Of these four RBs, which two do I start?
Henry (v. Houston)
J. Williams (v. LAC)
Montgomery (v. Dallas)
Achane (v. Baltimore)

I'm leaning Henry and Williams, but I may swap Monty for Williams.

What say you???

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Made the semis in 3 of 4 leagues and only advance to the Finals in one.

The two I lost:

In one I got duds from Cook/Kamara/Etienne and had my kicker get injured.

In the other I had Addison, Hockenson and Hopkins get hurt and Adams lay a donut (also had ETN in this league as well). Oh and I also played against Amari Cooper.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Demario Douglas or Noah Brown? I’ve been using Douglas but have had Brown on my bench for a while and he has produced when he’s on the field. First time I think he will be WR2 with Nico and Stroud at the same time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, Brown got hurt, but it didn't matter because my opponent in the championship game got sunk too by Kamara, Kelce, Gibbs, and Saquon and we both made bad bench decisions (I had Purdy over Fields and Kyler and also picked up Dortch for my bench in case I went there). It was a turtle race. I have Jayden Reed going right now, my opponent is done and I was already ahead before the game. Luckily Amon-Ra showed up, and the Browns defense did it's job. Got through a CMC injury as well and Kenny Walker bounced back well. Moody replaced Dustin Hopkins.

Reed just got me in for 3rd place in my other league. If only McDaniel didn't ice Achane last week. I could've won both leagues I'm in. The championship round there turned into a slop fest as well. Only one 20-point player on either side. At least I'll get my money back there.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
5 leagues, 5 playoffs, 3 semis, 1 final, 0 championships.

Disappointing to not get lucky in one league even. Was projected to win by 20 points before the week started in my final but he played Breece, CD, Bills D for huge games.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
5 leagues, 5 playoffs, 3 semis, 1 final, 0 championships.

Disappointing to not get lucky in one league even. Was projected to win by 20 points before the week started in my final but he played Breece, CD, Bills D for huge games.
I try never to go off projections. Too much variance. They’re especially off on quarterbacks.

Yahoo has their stupid percentage meter, I hate that too. Someone turn that shit off.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
My 14-1 team ended up second yet again. 9 years of this league I have finished second or third in 8 of them. The other year I had so many injuries I didn’t have my starters all finish a game until week 12. I’ve started to pick players on teams I don’t like so they collapse when it matters. Took Hurts and Brown this year. Eat shit, eagles. Haha

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Finished 7th place in playoffs (losers bracket) after finishing last this past season.

I think I need to rethink my draft strategy for our league. I am definitely shying away from Devonte Adams next season

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Watched my top three receivers all play yesterday - CeeDee, Amon-Ra and Puka - and wondering how I didn’t even make the playoffs.

It affirmed for me that, while RB may be minimized in real football, you still need backs for the fantasy game. (It was a strategy I tried and it didn’t work.)

Now I have to decide which of the three is my keeper for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad