Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

i would throw a flyer on beckham late in the draft when filling your bench. i would not pay a premium for him or take him earlier or even at his current adp.

Breece Hall is a tough one. his injury wasn't as bad as say JK Dobbins and Javonte Williams. He should have a pretty safe path back but may be restricted to a snap count until it is shown that he is fully good to go and could also miss a couple of early season games. I probably would draft him if he fell to me late in the 3rd or 4th round dependent on what my roster looked like

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Drafting this weekend in a modified PPR league

Keeper is Saquon Barkley

First draft pick is gonna have me in range for probably Lamb, AJ Brown and St. Brown.

Arguments for any of those over the others?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Drafting this weekend in a modified PPR league

Keeper is Saquon Barkley

First draft pick is gonna have me in range for probably Lamb, AJ Brown and St. Brown.

Arguments for any of those over the others?
all three solid recievers. StBrown and Lamb should see more targets than AJ as he has more competition with Swift, DeVonta and Goedert all fighting for targets and on top of that a mobile qb that can run it in to the endzone.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Who are some sleepers you guys are looking at this year?

Sleepers/Breakouts for me. They arent going to be top 10 guys or win your league but guys you can draft fairly late or at value ADP and may improve your bench or move into a flex role or be a wr2 or rb2 starter.

Off the top of the dome:

Nico Collins WR
Zay Flowers WR
Sam LaPorta TE
James Cook RB
Skyy Moore WR
Diontae Johnson WR should have a huge rebound from last season.
David Montgomery RB could play the goal line role like Jamaal Williams
Jameson WIlliams WR could be really utilized by the Lions in the pass game upon return from suspension.

Just a few i could think of.

Reactions: DS7
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Second year of playing fantasy and the first thing I did was drop the lame-ass family league I was in. I ended up winning the whole thing and nobody ended up holding their side of the bargain. (whoever won was treated to a free night out - dinner and drinks paid for!)

ended up doing many mocks this past week and it was more or less about the same.. very WR heavy and stuck with one high quality RB. Alvin Kamara and Cooper Kupp were notable drops in many 10 team mocks I was apart of

Reactions: tacogeoff and DS7

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here’s the first team I drafted

IMG_6540.jpeg
IMG_6541.jpeg

Reactions: tacogeoff and DS7

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
How the heck did CMC fall to 5. and is this a 10 team? I'm not sold on Jameson Williams but good job getting the Saints D. I think they're my target this year. Beautiful schedule.

I'm not sold on kittle (George brittle) at such a high pick. But I like your TE stack with fields/cmet.

Strong WR core. With CMC and Fields as your elites. And two good bets on a rookie wr and Guaranteeing the seattle run game.. Great team.

A- Imo. (10 or 12 team?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How the heck did CMC fall to 5. and is this a 10 team? I'm not sold on Jameson Williams but good job getting the Saints D. I think they're my target this year. Beautiful schedule.

I'm not sold on kittle (George brittle) at such a high pick. But I like your TE stack with fields/cmet.

Strong WR core. With CMC and Fields as your elites. And two good bets on a rookie wr and Guaranteeing the seattle run game.. Great team.

A- Imo. (10 or 12 team?)
I really only got Jameson to get the IR spot.

Top 4 picks were Jefferson, Ekeler, Chase, and Tyreek Hill. I was expecting (and dreading) to have to choose between Ekerler and Chase, and ended up with neither. I actually missed the start of the drafr (phone didn't alert me) and wasn't happy because I am skech about CMC because of injuries.

Was hoping to stack Fields and DJ Moore, plus Herber but it didn't work out, usually like trying to do that. Last year in a league I had like 5 Bengals (with the kicker) and was down huge in the championship game, but then we know what happened on Monday Night, the game got cancelled and we split the pot. Took it and ran.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I really only got Jameson to get the IR spot.

Top 4 picks were Jefferson, Ekeler, Chase, and Tyreek Hill. I was expecting (and dreading) to have to choose between Ekerler and Chase, and ended up with neither. I actually missed the start of the drafr (phone didn't alert me) and wasn't happy because I am skech about CMC because of injuries.

Was hoping to stack Fields and DJ Moore, plus Herber but it didn't work out, usually like trying to do that. Last year in a league I had like 5 Bengals (with the kicker) and was down huge in the championship game, but then we know what happened on Monday Night, the game got cancelled and we split the pot. Took it and ran.
gah that monday night game burned me as well. I had Davis and Allen to go.

I like Jameson if you can get him deep in the draft as the talent is there and that could be a great sleeper for the back half of the season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
gah that monday night game burned me as well. I had Davis and Allen to go.

I like Jameson if you can get him deep in the draft as the talent is there and that could be a great sleeper for the back half of the season.
I wasn’t going to win I don’t think, so it worked out for me. Kinda made up for when I had Kamara score 6 touchdowns and still lost.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Did my first draft over the weekend and a couple things that happened:
1) That B- tier of backs went faster than the B+ level of receivers. Part of my issue was the I was drafting 9th in a 10-team (snake draft obviously) so I had 16 picks between mine when it was going in that direction. I had a large group of backs on my list so I drafted Josh Allen on the way down, then proceeded to watch as Etienne, Jacobs, Jones, Mixon, Stevenson, Walker, Pierce, Mattison, White, Pacheco, Kamara all went before I was on the board again. I ended up drafting Akers and Javonte as my 2 & 3. Not thrilled with that.

Lesson: Do not deviate from your plan. I would much rather have one of those guys and, say, Justin Herbert.

Then I noticed Khalil Herbert still sitting there but he was plucked too. I filled out the rest of my RB bench with J Warren and E Mitchell.

2) There are so many roster-able receivers. The rough part is knowing which ones once you get to that spot. But this is a league with smaller rosters, and there are about 20 receivers that I would have felt OK drafting who went undrafted.

Lesson: I'm not sure if this supports the idea that you should definitely load up on bankable receivers early because the depth is so volatile or if it means you can take an elite guy in your first couple picks and then wait around for the depth to fall to you.

3) QB is interesting, moreso than I can recall in many years. I can't decide how far back the 13-16 ranked guys are from the second tier (after the top 3), and I can't decide how far back those guys are from the top 3. Also, Russell Wilson went undrafted. So did Kyler Murray. So did Howell, Jones and Purdy. And so did Young and Stroud.

Lesson: No clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: DS7 and tacogeoff

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As a Packers fan - Doubs looks like he'll have more catches than Watson, may not score as many TDs.

If you have a later pick and want a second TE, they really wanna get Musgrave the ball a lot.

Gretzkys99Problems

Apr 15, 2014
Alberta
Keeper help, draft in a couple days. 12 team league with keep 4. .5 PPR.

3 locked in keepers are D. Henry, J. Chase, and D. Adams. So I got a solid rb and 2 top 5-7 wr. Last keeper spot is between Joe Burrow and Etienne. Thoughts?

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Made a little mistake in my league with superflex! Someone drafted 8 QB, probably because he thought it was funny, which made it hard and necessary to get a third QB. I waited too long to do it, so when I decided it was time, there was only Garoppolo that looked like a safe bet to be the starter all year long, so I took him.

Only problem is that my first 2 QB are Justin Fields and Josh Allen, and all 3 of them have their bye week at week 13...

Now, the only notable QBs that are available are Mayfield, Trask and Levis, and unless the 8 QB guy decide to drop some, it won't get better than this! I guess I will have to be creative and find a trade partner before the trade deadline.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Really need some advice fellas! I need to pick two keepers out of these three guys. The scoring is 0.5 PPR and everything else is "normal" (i.e. no 6 points for passing touchdowns type stuff).

Jalen Hurts - would count as an 8th rounder
Rhamondre Stevenson - would count as a 9th rounder
Calvin Ridley - would count as a 14th rounder

I am leaning towards Hurts and Ridley, but really torn.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Really need some advice fellas! I need to pick two keepers out of these three guys. The scoring is 0.5 PPR and everything else is "normal" (i.e. no 6 points for passing touchdowns type stuff).

Jalen Hurts - would count as an 8th rounder
Rhamondre Stevenson - would count as a 9th rounder
Calvin Ridley - would count as a 14th rounder

I am leaning towards Hurts and Ridley, but really torn.
Hurts and Ridley is the right call. I still like Rhamondre but yeah, those two are better value.

Made a little mistake in my league with superflex! Someone drafted 8 QB, probably because he thought it was funny, which made it hard and necessary to get a third QB. I waited too long to do it, so when I decided it was time, there was only Garoppolo that looked like a safe bet to be the starter all year long, so I took him.

Only problem is that my first 2 QB are Justin Fields and Josh Allen, and all 3 of them have their bye week at week 13...

Now, the only notable QBs that are available are Mayfield, Trask and Levis, and unless the 8 QB guy decide to drop some, it won't get better than this! I guess I will have to be creative and find a trade partner before the trade deadline.
No way someone can roster 8 QB's all year and actually field a decent team? lol

Reactions: Basement Cat

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I have two draft this weekend have the first pick in one, 10 team PPR, going Jefferson.

My other is 16 team non-PPR and because I have the option of whatever pick I want (won a pool) and I'm not sure If I should chose #1 again and double up on JJ (or can go Ekeler) or not or maybe somewhere towards the middle. This is a QB dominant league mostly and the guys love drafting QBs in RD1. So if take #1 I'm guessing by the time it gets back to me at 32 there may be not be any decent RBs or, even QBs left. You start 1 RB, 1 WR and 2 Flex so I could stack WR is that's the way the board falls. With an RB1 like White/Mattison/Stevenson tier and take a shot with someone like Richardson or Goff as my QB in like the 5th/6th.

Doing mocks in different spots was really no help because like I said these guys LOVE taking QBs early and often.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
In other news I already had 1 draft. 10 team non-PPR, QB dominant, bonus heavy (point per 20 yards, 6 point TDs, double for QB rushing TD, RB receiving TD etc.) Mahomes and Allen actually went 1, 2.

8th pick:

1. RB Bijan Robinson
2. QB Jalen Hurts
3. WR Davante Adams
4. RB Travis Etienne
5. TE TJ Hockenson
6. WR Jerry Jeudy
7. WR Christian Watson
8. WR Terry McLaurin
9. RB Khalil Herbert
10. RB Brian Robinson
11. WR Jordan Addison
12. QB Anthony Richardson
13. WR Nico Collins
14. RB Tyler Allegeir
15. RB Zamir White
16. TE Chig Okonkwo
17. K Harrison Butker
18. DST Ravens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I did one where I took Hurts 10th overall. Really just because I kept telling people I would do it. Yahoo graded me with an F.

IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_6549.jpeg

It was also helpful that Achane was carted off just after the draft started.

No kickers or defense in this league. Also picked up Wan’Dale Robinson for IR in both leagues.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

3 locked in keepers are D. Henry, J. Chase, and D. Adams. So I got a solid rb and 2 top 5-7 wr. Last keeper spot is between Joe Burrow and Etienne. Thoughts?
Etienne I think. Depends on 1) if it counts as a particular round which player you choose and 2) what other QBs and RBs are being kept.

Reactions: Gretzkys99Problems

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

without knowing the rest of your roster or the pattern of what the other managers in your leagues usually keep i would probably go Burrow. Etienne is a great talent but if your league values keeping QBs you may be looking pretty grim in that department.

Reactions: Gretzkys99Problems

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3