2023 Season Discussion Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Good news for Achane fantasy owners. You can use him now.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
I waited forever to take my running backs and I’m absolutely crushing my league so far. Still ended up with mostert, Pacheco, moss and ford with Kamara and Taylor both on my bench.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
My opponent has Mostert. I'm down by 80 points.

the worst thing about fantasy is when you are down by an insurmountable point margin, but yet still refreshing the app every 10 minutes hoping for a miracle.

I remember on Thanksgiving last year, CMC had a similar game points-wise as Keenan Allen. Both players did the same lateral throwing play.

I waited forever to take my running backs and I’m absolutely crushing my league so far. Still ended up with mostert, Pacheco, moss and ford with Kamara and Taylor both on my bench.

The first round of my family league went heavy RB the first two rounds. I really wanted Tyreek Hill for my pick #10, but Devonte Adams turned out to be a solid choice as a 1B

After having Mostert on my bench two weeks in a row I finally had him as my RB 1. Won big this week and feel relieved

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
the worst thing about fantasy is when you are down by an insurmountable point margin, but yet still refreshing the app every 10 minutes hoping for a miracle.

I remember on Thanksgiving last year, CMC had a similar game points-wise as Keenan Allen. Both players did the same lateral throwing play.

The first round of my family league went heavy RB the first two rounds. I really wanted Tyreek Hill for my pick #10, but Devonte Adams turned out to be a solid choice as a 1B

After having Mostert on my bench two weeks in a row I finally had him as my RB 1. Won big this week and feel relieved
We have short benches so I’ve become accustomed to being able to find splashy running backs for free. So I focus on top tier WR and QB. I took Tyreek at #4 overall

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
IMG_6674.jpeg

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
My season woes continue. Currently 1-4.

This is absolute absurd. Every single loss that I have had is due to one player 'booming'. I don't think any of my losses last year were this bad. I am currently the second highest point total team and have an abysmal record :help::thumbd::scared::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Loss 1 - Garrett Wilson scoring a late TD
Loss 2 - Steelers D/ST scores 23, TJ Hockenson scores
Loss 3 - Puka Nacua goes beserek dropping 30 in the game vs the Colts
Loss 4 - Ja'maar F'ing Chase decides to put up 50+ after me being predicted to win 69%-31%

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Waiting on news about Saquon Barley to see if I can bench Zack Moss. That's my sitch in two leagues.

Ended up one league with Moss, Akers, Warren, Mitchell all as "is something happens" guys. (Barkley and Walker III are my starters.) I need to clear one of them just for roster balance. Thinking Akers. Is that the right call?

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
My season woes continue. Currently 1-4.

This is absolute absurd. Every single loss that I have had is due to one player 'booming'. I don't think any of my losses last year were this bad. I am currently the second highest point total team and have an abysmal record :help::thumbd::scared::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Loss 1 - Garrett Wilson scoring a late TD
Loss 2 - Steelers D/ST scores 23, TJ Hockenson scores
Loss 3 - Puka Nacua goes beserek dropping 30 in the game vs the Colts
Loss 4 - Ja'maar F'ing Chase decides to put up 50+ after me being predicted to win 69%-31%
If your 2nd in league scoring you took some bad beats ,
I took my first loss with kittle lol ,they had chase, Moore, SF D , name anyone who went mental and they had them , they dropped 217 on my lol.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Does anyone know why the Pats haven't placed Matt Judon on the IR yet? Have him in a dynasty keeper league, even tho hell be out 2 months minimum they haven't put him on IR. As a result hes taking up a much needed roster spot for me.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Been trying to figure out what to do at RB.

Anyone thoughts on who I should target with a James Cook + Kirk/Marquise Brown package?

I have Laporta/Hock at TE. Was considering offering Cook + Hock as a package as well. Getting tired of how the bills use cook. '

Team for the most part is:

Dak
Lamb
Diggs
Pacheco
Cook
Hock/LaPorta
Kirk/Brown at Flex

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Been trying to figure out what to do at RB.

Anyone thoughts on who I should target with a James Cook + Kirk/Marquise Brown package?

I have Laporta/Hock at TE. Was considering offering Cook + Hock as a package as well. Getting tired of how the bills use cook. '

Team for the most part is:

Dak
Lamb
Diggs
Pacheco
Cook
Hock/LaPorta
Kirk/Brown at Flex

You could sell really high on Kirk right now, has had a great stretch of games. But at this point, it's getting clearer that he has a much better connection with TLaw than with Ridley.

Almost like in Game 1 they tried to force feed Ridley scheme-wise which left Kirk with nothing. But after that game, Trevor has gone back to Kirk more often and is flourishing.

And as far as selling high, you could sell higher on LaPorta than Hock. Cousins apparently isn't going anywhere and without JJeff, there are a lot of targets to go around. Minny will most likely be chasing points the rest of the season while Detroit is more likely to be out in front. Also, Detroit is getting yet another weapon up to speed in Jameson Williams.

Just my opinion.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
My league of record team is somehow 7-0 with injuries to Mike Williams, Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson, Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, Deshaun Watson (superflex).

The key to this is our lord and saviour Puka Nacua as well as having 150 less points against than any other team in the league :laugh:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I have Derrick Henry and just picked up Tyjae Spears off the waivers. Come on trade deadline! Hopefully Henry gets shipped to Baltimore or LA.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have a problem at QB this week in one league, Fields hurt, Purdy on a bye, Kyler still on IR and playing the Browns anyways. So, I’m streaming this week. Gotta pick one of Geno Smith, one of the Joneses, Heinicke, Minshew, Stafford, Zach Wilson and Bryce Young.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I have a problem at QB this week in one league, Fields hurt, Purdy on a bye, Kyler still on IR and playing the Browns anyways. So, I’m streaming this week. Gotta pick one of Geno Smith, one of the Joneses, Heinicke, Minshew, Stafford, Zach Wilson and Bryce Young.
I'd consider a flyer for Dobbs if he isn't picked up. He's been consistent so far.

If I had to choose from your list, Minshew.

Also, I finally sold the last of my shares of the Atlanta offense this week. f*** Arthur Smith. I'm cheering for every team playing against Atlanta as long as this guy is an HC. Even divisional rivals.

1699314141051.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd consider a flyer for Dobbs if he isn't picked up. He's been consistent so far.

If I had to choose from your list, Minshew.

Also, I finally sold the last of my shares of the Atlanta offense this week. f*** Arthur Smith. I'm cheering for every team playing against Atlanta as long as this guy is an HC. Even divisional rivals.

View attachment 763979
I went with Minshew because it was this week.

Should’ve went Bagent evidently.

Reactions: DS7

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Don't usually worry too much about a backup QB but with Allen not having had his bye yet and with all the movement at the position I am starting to feel like carrying someone might be the way to go. Thoughts on Howell v Watson v Kyler on this topic?

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Going to need some wild luck to keep my undefeated season alive. My players on bye this week are Hurts, Mostert, Pacheco, AJ Brown, and Tyreek. I had to leave the kicker slot open or I would have had to drop Pacheco. Taylor starting nicely at least

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Super happy to be getting Achane back this week. I'm trying to trade off one of my RB's now that they'll be a glut. Thinking of sending Derick Henry for Jamar Chase

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00