HF Habs: 2023 Schedule & Standings Thread part 3: Race for Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
More I think about it, if the lottery horseshoe for No. 1 doesn’t land on Habs, the Canucks getting lucky and getting Bedard would be the ok with me.
It is a difference of 1% per spot. It's not significant at all unless we get to the top 3 where we get an extra 3%. The biggest boost would have been Florida being 11th to increase our odds by 3%. Columbus has an extra 12% odds compared to the Sharks which is absolutely crazy.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Islanders officially win beating San Jose 4-1.

Florida could be in a playoff spot by Monday night.

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh
Florida @ Detroit

If Florida wins, then Pens need to win. Florida holds the tie breaker between the teams.

Reactions: Rozz

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
More I think about it, if the lottery horseshoe for No. 1 doesn’t land on Habs, the Canucks getting lucky and getting Bedard would be the ok with me.
The only team in the last 10 teams i dont want with Bedard is Chicago.

Chicago can f*** off and rot for 5-10 years of rebuild

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Smell that sweet breathing room....

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 10.07.58 PM.png

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tonight was a huge loss for our tank.. as every loss from here on out will be... 12 more losses to go my hockey dudes and dudettes!

Let's hope ducks keep up thier recent winning ways tomorrow!
I can see Anaheim passing us. Glad the Flyers are showing life. But I'm still worried about them. And still hard for me to see Chicago pass us. But they've been better than us lately.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I can see Anaheim passing us. Glad the Flyers are showing life. But I'm still worried about them. And still hard for me to see Chicago pass us. But they've been better than us lately.

I'm worried about Philly too! But hey 2 points up and a game in hand makes me feel better at least. I'm not hopeful for Chicago.. but if we can at least get 4th from ducks I'll be ecstatic!

Reactions: 26Mats

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006

BC kid lands in BC. Not in Eastern Conf.

Vanny fans have had similar headaches as Habs’ fans. Never won a mug.

Bedard in Philly, Zona, Anaheim, SJ, St. Louis and *especially* Chicago and Detroit, would suck by comparison.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
It’s actually ridiculous now. How can a team come back from behind in the third so many times in one season.

You are mixing it up with last season. Weve been pretty bad this season in this regard

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If the Ducks manage to pass us and we pick 4th I just hope that the 2nd or 3rd team take Michkov so Carlsson falls to us. I have a feeling we'd pass on Michkov, so Carlsson seems like the only top 4 guy we could realistically get at 4th.

Reactions: habsfan891

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
When we wil look at it at the end of the year if we not secure the top 4 ( Anaheim)....remember that win vs Pittsburgh...

Since then Pittsburgh is downhill. They were 5 points in front of Florida before the game vs Mtl...and they now only 1 point...only 1 week later.

..and Mtl would have only 2 points in front of Anaheim

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

The first game I ever saw live was Chicago and Montreal in the Old Forum, watching Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita skate by me in their cool uniforms. I've always liked the Black Hawks and won't define the whole org by one awful period.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
What's even better is that every teams around us except Arizona has some games in hand on the Habs

And tonight we have a game Vancouver vs Anaheim, so either Vancouver get 7 points ahead or Anaheim will be only 2 points behind.
In the next couple of years the Habs will start trying to become competitive. I hope we all remember how to cheer for wins.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You know Florida going to make the playoffs. They on a roll. Pittsburgh has no goaltending. Decent Chance Florida finishes 7th and faces either Carolina or Jersey. Could be an upset.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
In the next couple of years the Habs will start trying to become competitive. I hope we all remember how to cheer for wins.
That’s where I’m at for next season, cheering for wins.

I’m expecting a Panthers like season, won’t make the playoffs but the team collectively will play much better, great offensive seasons for many players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad