GDT: 2023 Prospects Challenge, Sept. 15th-18th - LECOM Harborcenter, Buffalo, NY

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've watched a bit of this one.

The comments section is a really a shit show though, as is the case with a lot of internet message posting forums/platforms.

I have to say, as much as we may not get along with each other here at times, I will say for the most part, this forum is filled with the most knowledgeable and level-headed fans of most any internet posting platform.

Comments sections on most sites (including the Athletic and other publications) and youtube can be brutal. Same thing with Facebook, from everything I've heard.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He had to address the defense that Shero forgot.

Hey, hay what do you say Goal.
Im a big fan of his defensive work. Like.. very big fan. Mostly. Would prefer. a couple of other decisions in different situations on the draft, but overall - great job. Forwards? A lot of questions now.
Lenni would be cooking these bums if he was here
Easily. He would be the best devils forward on the ice easily. May be the only good one.

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
There is so much skill on display in the prospect games this year. I feel like most years you watch, and it isn't entertaining hockey. These kids probably don't want to get noticed for egregious errors, but seeing a lot more dangerous passes, moves/dangles, and not always making the safe play

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've watched a bit of this one.

The comments section is a really a shit show though, as is the case with a lot of internet message posting forums/platforms.

I have to say, as much as we may not get along with each other here at times, I will say for the most part, this forum is filled with the most knowledgeable and level-headed fans of most any internet posting platform.

Comments sections on most sites (including the Athletic and other publications) and youtube can be brutal. Same thing with Facebook, from everything I've heard.
I just accidentally hit your location of "Fire Blackwood" and Google maps opened with directions to the Blackwood New Jersey Fire house.

Screenshot_20230916-200735_1.png

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There is so much skill on display in the prospect games this year. I feel like most years you watch, and it isn't entertaining hockey. These kids probably don't want to get noticed for egregious errors, but seeing a lot more dangerous passes, moves/dangles, and not always making the safe play

I watched some of the Jackets/Wings game earlier and that was complete fire wagon hockey. It finished 10-7. These games have paled in comparison to that lol. Jiricek, Fantilli, Mateychuk, Svozil, Dumais in particular were just toying with Detroit.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Not surprising the Devils can’t hang at this tournament. Would be a different story if Luke, Holtz, Casey were there. Not to mention Luke, Holtz, Casey, Gritsyuk…and to think Mercer and Jack are the same age as a lot of these guys.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not surprising the Devils can’t hang at this tournament. Would be a different story if Luke, Holtz, Casey were there. Not to mention Luke, Holtz, Casey, Gritsyuk…and to think Mercer and Jack are the same age as a lot of these guys.

Are you watching? It's 2-1 (check that, 3-1 off a bad change) and the Devils have the shot advantage. They are doing more than hanging with them.

That said, there is a distinct and obvious lack of forward talent out there for NJ. It a bunch of grinders.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Ibragimov could be NHLer if he would be smarter. Much smarter.

Filmon isnt close to NHL, he needs a lot to work on. Sometimes I see promising parts of potential good complimentary hockey player.

Clarke isnt NHLer. He cant drive and he isnt playing good as forechecker. Would be great to play on Finland ice. He needs some miracle or puck luck to win roster spot racing.

Brown making everything right mostly, but nothing flashy.

Misyul is looking good without the puck but I dont like how he is working for escape. May be there is potential or 6-7th defenseman.

Vilen is good, there were some mistakes, but it really looks good.

I saw Squires a couple of times. Him and Brown are too young to make conclusions, but there are nothing to say "steal" or "hiding potential". At least for now.

Stillman?... You can see why he was drafted in the first round, you can see why he shouldnt. He shouldnt.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Third goal was weird Karmic retribution on Clarke for being a little sloppy with the puck on the 2nd goal.

Clarke was still on the ice after a long shift. He watched 4C Friedman get on the ice and chip the puck up to a group of Sabres.

A tired Clarke made a futile attempt to race down to our net and stop the inevitable.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Third goal was weird Karmic retribution on Clarke for being a little sloppy with the puck on the 2nd goal.

Clarke was still on the ice after a long shift. He watched 4C Friedman get on the ice and chip the puck up to a group of Sabres.

A tired Clarke made a futile attempt to race down to our net and stop the inevitable.
My sources say Holtz has been watching the YouTube feed and grinning the whole time

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Why don't I believe Jack when he said "I love country music" in Nashville during the NHL award show

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Are you watching? It's 2-1 (check that, 3-1 off a bad change) and the Devils have the shot advantage. They are doing more than hanging with them.

That said, there is a distinct and obvious lack of forward talent out there for NJ. It a bunch of grinders.

They are hanging just fine.
8-3 aggregate scoring seems like not hanging to me. The top line and Nemec are moving the puck well but the team defense is pretty shoddy and the chances look and feel very “3rd line on a college roster.” I’m not complaining, it makes sense with the roster makeup.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad