Confirmed with Link: 2023 Prospect Tourney

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
Guzda reminds me of Driedger (good version), simple movements, stands tall when down on his pads. Not overly animated.
boy if you like him now, just wait until Tallas gets his hands on him

1695220252950.png

• Haha
Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
To add, if we do need high end skill, Zito isn't afraid to mortgage picks to bring in that type of talent so to summarize, we hope to produce one highly skilled forward and defenseman and a lot more depth/complimentary players with those mid round picks.
Yeah, going forward the next few years I think Zito will just pull a Tampa if he has to and acquire a youngish but established player for picks(Hagel). He's committed to this core and there's no point in building through the draft now. It's all about winning a Cup before Chuck and Barky get too old.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Ya it seems like Luongo and Zito have committed to drafting a goalie every year now or at least signing a college/Europe free agent to keep the pond stocked.

As for Kinnunen, he had a pretty awesome rookie year in Charlotte and was a highlight on back end. I'd expect with Kinnear running the ship again, he gets a couple more minutes a game to see where his ceiling is.

I really like what I saw from Uens, very simple plays, will shoot if given opportunity l, otherwise he is positioned well in DZ and will be interested to follow his year in AHL.
I think we should hope for one decent bottom pair guy in Uens, Ludvig and Alscher.
As for Benning, he should look to Forsling for some guidance in terms of protecting himself and maybe learn some of the two way ability Gus has.

The forwards seem to have high compete and strong forecheck which is great to see. Really liked top end talent from the obvious: Samo, Sourdif, Mcallister etc.
As for bottom 6 potential: Wise, Giles, Vilmanis, Skoog and Davies should produce one or two options in a few years.

Just got the AHL TV email and I keep saying I'll buy it every year but definitely more excited and curious to buy it this year with the climb and success Charlotte is starting to show last few seasons.

As for the worry of high end skill on forward or defense, we pretty much only need a few complimentary players inserted year by year as most of out forward core is signed for a 3+ years?
One or both of Verhaeghe and Reinhart likely get signed, Luostarinen and Lundell are here for a while as well.

As for defense, we likely sign two of Forsling, Ekblad and Montour long term and honestly think one of Mahura, Benning will stay with team for a next 4-5 years.
Great assessment, I completely agree. Vilmanis is one of those dark horses I am really curious about where he will end up.
Of your mentioned Dmen trio, Ludvig has the most upside and has an offensive element that Uens and Alscher seem both to lack. I wonder where he would play this year if he hadn't been injured so gravely.
I like that you mentioned Mcallister who I left out. Seems like a Brendan Pirri/Mike Hoffmann guy who could have a significant impact on the PP some day

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad