Prospect Info: 2023 Pick 26 LW Quentin Musty

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
From what I have heard he isn’t really a huge physical presence despite the size.
Yeah that’s right. He isn’t. He’s physical like Timo was physical. He’s not throwing his body around but he’s strong and hard to push off the puck. He can and will use his strength to get to the net. He will get in front of the net and get in scrums. He’s not going to be chasing hits though which I’ll be honest I don’t want my top 6 forwards doing anyway,

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah that’s right. He isn’t. He’s physical like Timo was physical. He’s not throwing his body around but he’s strong and hard to push off the puck. He can and will use his strength to get to the net. He will get in front of the net and get in scrums. He’s not going to be chasing hits though which I’ll be honest I don’t want my top 6 forwards doing anyway,
Yeah that’s perfect. Not interested in guys like that because most of the time coaches will play that up instead of building the other aspects of their game

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Why doesn't it say "First line" and "Second line" or is there a Top 6 position which is not First line but also not 2nd line. Confusing.
When you're worse than the top-line winger at your wing position but better than the other top-line winger on the off-wing? So basically the second best winger who's on the second line due to being the "wrong" wing :laugh:

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Why doesn't it say "First line" and "Second line" or is there a Top 6 position which is not First line but also not 2nd line. Confusing.
I read it as this, and will use wingers as examples

1st line - Top player (Rantanen)
Top 6 - effective complement on either scoring line (E. Kane)
Bottom 6 - Good 3rd liner who might have reduced minutes on a deep team, can;'t hang in offense-heavy roles (Goodrow)
Replacement - Tops out at 4th line (Reaves)

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I read it as this, and will use wingers as examples

1st line - Top player (Rantanen)
Top 6 - effective complement on either scoring line (E. Kane)
Bottom 6 - Good 3rd liner who might have reduced minutes on a deep team, can;'t hang in offense-heavy roles (Goodrow)
Replacement - Tops out at 4th line (Reaves)
Evander Kane should be considered a 1st line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad