Prospect Info: 2023 Pick 26 LW Quentin Musty

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Great pick. Had a not great D-1 with a lack of compete, but got a new coach and turned it way up in his DY.

I think HF and even traditional hockey scouting discounts the impact a coaches style can have on a player. My brother played well, went to national dev camp, and then ended up on a team with a coach he just didn’t mesh with. As a 16-17 year old kid, a coach you hate can seem like a lot more daunting than it would later in life. I can totally dig the new coach narrative with regards to his improvements.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Strange this was posted before Will Smith.
Will Smith: "You don't think I deserve a dedicated HF Boards thread? Okay, fine."
Narrator: "It was not."
Will Smith: "That's when it became personal for me."

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Will Smith: "You don't think I deserve a dedicated HF Boards thread? Okay, fine."
Narrator: "It was not."
Will Smith: "That's when it became personal for me."

In his fourth year after being drafted, Will Smith has failed to sign a contract with the Sharks. He will become an UFA and all signs point to him signing with the Bawston Bruins, the Blake Wheeler path, to play in black and gold with former Shark and four-time Norris winner and current Bruins defenseman Erik Karlsson.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Didn’t know much about Musty but just spent the evening reading about him and damn, what a pick up. It’s funny, I saw a few people comparing his skill set to Will Smith (with worse skating and more power game). I’m wildly excited about Smith and now Musty. What a fantastic 1st round.

Reactions: karltonian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad