Golf: 2023 PGA Championship - Big 2 Edition

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Holes 1-6 have been sort of a joke all day. I think we won't know til 10-11 if this is over. Many guys have been starting off stupid good only to find themselves even by the end
I'm not sure that's true. 6 is absolutely the toughest hole on the golf course. And 3's no cake walk either. The easiest span on the course is 12-15 without a doubt by scoring average. But then 16-18 is a bear coming in.

However, there's no doubt the course is playing easier today in the sunshine after yesterday's rain softened everything up. Cameron Smith has a shot at the course record (63 - he's -6 through 16) and Sepp Straka's -5 would be better than any round of the first three days as well if he plays the last 4 at even.

And on cue Kopecka in trouble on 6.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
this is a 3 man race probably unless Scottie falls out...Hovland is gonna need some help though. Brooks can eagle or birdie 14 and probably 10 and 12 too

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
McIlroy/Scheffler/DeChambeau/Conners probably need to get to -5 or even -6 after 15 to give Koepka/Hovland something to think about as they reach the easier stretch of holes.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hovland doubles, Koepka birdies. This is over.
Hovland is good for one of those somewhere in the last six holes of a major - a double or two straight bogeys. He’ll make a birdie coming in to make the score look like he pressed the champion but that’s not how it will have felt at the time.

A couple summers ago I felt like I should pick a few young players to support. At least Hovland is competing - the others were Mackenzie Hughes and Matthew Wolff - but I’ve seen this in majors for like three seasons now.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I've said since he turned pro that Hovland is a generational driver of the golf ball and it's held true so far. Didn't hold up so well today.

But this is his third straight major right in the thick of it, and it was his most convincing effort yet.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I eat my words about Brooks and how that Netflix documentary showed how mentally down he was on his golf game + injuries. I think it was last December or 2021 when he said "you haven't seen peak majors Koepka" I'm like "yeah, okay... You haven't been winning for a few years now."

Now, failing at The Masters only fueled his fire. Healthy body, healthy mind; I can see him winning another major this year.

This course ate so many great golfers alive and he stuck with it. That plugged bunker shot was unbelievable...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00