GDT: 2023 NHL Entry Draft

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It's Barrie to Toronto all over again. They are going to massacre that newfie, especially after what they gave up for him and what the Avs turned around and did with the return.
Exactly. Probably not a good place for Newhook. I feel like he could use some love, not tough love. I hope things start out well for him because otherwise it will be painful.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
It's Barrie to Toronto all over again. They are going to massacre that newfie, especially after what they gave up for him and what the Avs turned around and did with the return.

The worst part is, Newfoundland has a ton of Habs fans so they're all pumped for him to be there now. But the critics will be out in full force

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Enjoy that fanbase, Newhook! I'm sure they'll just adore you.
The Habs media is really hyping him up, too... They expect him to be a skilled, top six scoring mainstay on that team based one some highlight clips and not much else. That excitement could turn into disappointment real quick.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I know we wanted to see the Avs make a trade, but nobody else made any trades either, so it doesn't seem like any were out there yet.

We'll have to wait and see how these guys develop, but getting a guy they say could have been a top 10 pick if he didn't have a shoulder injury, and a guy they say might have been a top 5 pick if he was 6'0", is pretty good value at #27 and #31.

Joe and CMac don't view the team the way some do here. They don't believe the window is small. They want to compete for a long time and all their moves revolve around that idea.

Which means keeping decent prospects in the system, which gives them options to pick which ones to keep, and which ones to trade to make the team better.

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
I know we wanted to see the Avs make a trade, but nobody else made any trades either, so it doesn't seem like any were out there yet.

We'll have to wait and see how these guys develop, but getting a guy they say could have been a top 10 pick if he didn't have a shoulder injury, and a guy they say might have been a top 5 pick if he was 6'0", is pretty good value at #27 and #31.

Joe and CMac don't view the team the way some do here. They don't believe the window is small. They want to compete for a long time and all their moves revolve around that idea.

Which means keeping decent prospects in the system, which gives them options to pick which ones to keep, and which ones to trade to make the team better.
Word!

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I do wonder if the Avs plan to go the ERod route again this summer with UFAs.

It seems like very few teams actually have cap space, a lot of the teams that do also have their own RFAs to deal with and/or aren't planning to spend to the cap anyway.

I definitely think the Avs are hoping to get 2, maybe even 3 of those cheap 1 year ERod type deals this summer to fill out a lot of the roster.

Off the top of my head I think you've got:

Sheary
JVR
Drouin
Bailey
Zucker
Tatar
Toews
Suter
Wood
Sundqvist

Not all of them will end up being cheap, but I could see a few of these ending up at ~$1.5M 1 year deals or perhaps even a little lower in some cases.
Sundqvist as 4 C would be nice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad