GDT: 2023 NHL Entry Draft

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Just scanning the reports and numbers—the Pelosi pick seems like the only “bad” pick. But you never know, he could be a diamond in the rough.

I’m happy, but man would it have been nice to have a top fifteen pick this year, so many studs at C.
I preferred Perron , and hopefully it isn't another Freddy over ADB, but Perron fell like a rock so his size and weight were a huge concern. As a group though this is the third draft in a row I really liked and considering Lohrei looks the part, it's four good drafts in a row with minimal assets.

Reactions: BradMarchandismydad

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They have been in this "win now" mode for over 55 years.

Detroit has missed the playoffs 7 years in a row and counting.

Bruins have not missed the playoffs more than twice in a row.

7 times total in those 55 years.

By the way, real classy visual.

And the red wings have 11 cups to the bruins 6.

Reactions: EverettMike

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Chuckling regarding Sweeney draft strategy...past two years

Draft a numerous amount of C prospects. Pray one or two hit.

Poitras, Spicer, Locmelis, Pelosi, Henrickson, Walsh

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hope everyone understands that there is very good chance that none of these picks will ever play in the NHL.

Yes this is true in the sense that statistically the odds that that anyone from this group plays 100 games in the NHL is approximately 40%. Nothing to do with quality of scouting/management, but rather simply looking at the historical NHL draft data and percentage of player at each slot having a 100 game career.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I preferred Perron , and hopefully it isn't another Freddy over ADB, but Perron fell like a rock so his size and weight were a huge concern. As a group though this is the third draft in a row I really liked and considering Lohrei looks the part, it's four good drafts in a row with minimal assets.

His USHL production just looks really low for where he's at. Perron's production blows his out of the water.

Mason Lohrei outscored him significantly as a dman at the same age in the same league...

But yeah, agreed on the rest of the picks and the last few drafts. Our lone 1st round pick was spectacular too IMO.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
His USHL production just looks really low for where he's at. Perron's production blows his out of the water.

Mason Lohrei outscored him significantly as a dman at the same age in the same league...

But yeah, agreed on the rest of the picks and the last few drafts. Our lone 1st round pick was spectacular too IMO.
Perron was also on a super team
Not to takes sides on Pelosi because I've yet to see him play but he was a call up from the NAHL and the plan was to send him back down but he played well and filled a role so they kept him
Let's see what he does with a full year in Sioux Falls
And to remind everyone Riley Duran was freaking awful at Youngstown, I hated watching his games but he's a pretty good power forward in College right now,hopefully turns pro in March

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
like most drafts, especially seeing where the B`s were picking, I have heard of none of these kids chosen so really can`t comment on the quality but outside of Pelosi, sort of sounds most were chosen where predicted they would go.

So happy for Matthew Wood going to Nashville, kid is gonna be a player

Reactions: missingchicklet

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
like most drafts, especially seeing where the B`s were picking, I have heard of none of these kids chosen so really can`t comment on the quality but outside of Pelosi, sort of sounds most were chosen where predicted they would go.

So happy for Matthew Wood going to Nashville, kid is gonna be a player
Yes he is. I thought he had a chance of going in the top 10. Probably would have gone top-10 in some years of the draft. Was happy for the Preds when they were able to land him when they did. He has one of the higher ceilings of the top 15 picks, Once he fills out more and improves his skating he could end up being a great NHL power forward with that shot and net front play of his. My gut feeling is that there will be several teams that picked ahead of the Preds that will ultimately be disappointed they didn't choose him.

Reactions: ODAAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad