GDT: 2023 NHL Entry Draft

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Gonna be a long time before you see another GM with that kind of longevity with a team

Maybe never again

Good point. An NHL GM for 40ish years -- nuts! 15 years with the Caps then 25 with the Preds. I was struck by how virtually every GM who spoke at the draft last night has been influenced or mentored in some way by Poile. Just incredible what he did year after year in a challenging hockey market until he built Nashville into a solid hockey market. I roll my eyes at some of the non-players who make it into the HHOF, but when Poile goes in it will be well-deserved. True legend.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
With no picks for the Bs in the first two rounds there was very little to get enthused about in the draft. It's a complete lottery once you get into the higher numbers and the Bruins don't exactly have a strong record when it comes to finding diamonds in the rough. All you can say is good luck to the kids selected and welcome to Boston! Hopefully one or two can make the grade.

Reactions: Trizz617 and CDJ

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
@DominicT what did you think of the Pelosi pick.

First of all, I told you 30-32 OHL players would get taking and 33 did :popcorn:

As for Pelosi I have to break it down like this:

I liked the Hendrickson, Walsh and Nassen picks where they got them. I'm fine with the Kostadinski pick as long as they can fix his skating and he will be fine.

I would have preferred Pelosi where they got Hendrickson but then they wouldn't have gotten Hendrickson.

I would have preferred Perron or Barkey when they were still on the board, but I knew the Bruins were going after size and they are both 5'9". I also knew there was no way they would take Barkey since, as I've written, they were going after Euros or NCAA bound players they could hold the rights to for 4 or 5 years before signing. Barkey has to be signed in two years. So I understand what they did.

I'm a firm believer that if you have your list, you stick to it and they did that so I am fine with it. But just because I had him a round later doesn't make me right.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
First of all, I told you 30-32 OHL players would get taking and 33 did :popcorn:

As for Pelosi I have to break it down like this:

I liked the Hendrickson, Walsh and Nassen picks where they got them. I'm fine with the Kostadinski pick as long as they can fix his skating and he will be fine.

I would have preferred Pelosi where they got Hendrickson but then they wouldn't have gotten Hendrickson.

I would have preferred Perron or Barkey when they were still on the board, but I knew the Bruins were going after size and they are both 5'9". I also knew there was no way they would take Barkey since, as I've written, they were going after Euros or NCAA bound players they could hold the rights to for 4 or 5 years before signing. Barkey has to be signed in two years. So I understand what they did.

I'm a firm believer that if you have your list, you stick to it and they did that so I am fine with it. But just because I had him a round later doesn't make me right.
Thank you for the great response. I wanted Perron as well, and in the top 3 rounds I believe you should be taking guys like that, especially since that was their only top 100 pick, but overall I like what they did. I liked your player reviews here.

Reactions: DominicT

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thank you for the great response. I wanted Perron as well, and in the top 3 rounds I believe you should be taking guys like that, especially since that was their only top 100 pick, but overall I like what they did. I liked your player reviews here.

It's too bad Winnipeg grabbed Zach Nehring out of Shattuck St Mary's at 82. That's the guy I really wanted and I'm pretty sure @Saxon Eric did as well if I recall. I really think the Bruins would have looked very long and very hard at him.

At 124 I would have liked Brady Cleveland. I thought he'd be there and so did a lot of the public rankings. Stevie Y grabbed him at 47. I thought that was crazy.

Now, there's four guys I'd like to see them invite to camp now that they've gone undrafted:

Aron Jessli
Frantisek Dej
Teddy Townsend
Spencer Sova

Oh, and at 214 I wanted Owen Beck but Ottawa took him at 204. Next to Nehring, that was my big disappointment, but nothing they could do about it.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It's too bad Winnipeg grabbed Zach Nehring out of Shattuck St Mary's at 82. That's the guy I really wanted and I'm pretty sure @Saxon Eric did as well if I recall. I really think the Bruins would have looked very long and very hard at him.

At 124 I would have liked Brady Cleveland. I thought he'd be there and so did a lot of the public rankings. Stevie Y grabbed him at 47. I thought that was crazy.

Now, there's four guys I'd like to see them invite to camp now that they've gone undrafted:

Aron Jessli
Frantisek Dej
Teddy Townsend
Spencer Sova

Oh, and at 214 I wanted Owen Beck but Ottawa took him at 204. Next to Nehring, that was my big disappointment, but nothing they could do about it.
Yeah love to see Dej and Attilio Biasca get an invite. Thoughts on Attilio Biasca?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Aron Jessli
Frantisek Dej
Teddy Townsend
Spencer Sova

I loved Cleveland too but Detroit went too early for a one dimensional guy IMO...

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Just scanning the reports and numbers—the Pelosi pick seems like the only “bad” pick. But you never know, he could be a diamond in the rough.

I’m happy, but man would it have been nice to have a top fifteen pick this year, so many studs at C.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Aron Jessli
Frantisek Dej
Teddy Townsend
Spencer Sova

Add Jake Fisher to the list

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Well we've heard that the team lacks size and it looks like the Bruins went out and drafted some size:

Pelosi - 6'1
Hendrickson - 6'2
Walsh - 6'0
Nassen - 6'4
Kostadinski - 6'5
Times have changed. When I was a defenseman in high school (the Stone Age) I was 5'10 1/2" and weighed 160-165 pounds. At that size I was one of the biggest players on the team.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Times have changed. When I was a defenseman in high school (the Stone Age) I was 5'10 1/2" and weighed 160-165 pounds. At that size I was one of the biggest players on the team.
What round did u get drafted in ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad