2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can't name a single thing that Benson is definitively better at than Dvorsky....maybe Benson turns out to be better but I am not betting on it. If Dvorsky played in the CHL and lit it up I doubt that you would be some adamant about Benson being superior.

Benson hasn't demonstrated an ability toscore from distance and skates very similar to Gallagher. A small player who needs to gain access to the most contested area of the ice to score is not a winning recipe for goals. I love Benson's IQ and work ethic but I am not convinced that he is much better than Brindley if at all and Brindley may not even go in the first round.

There is nothing wrong with being in Benson's corner and there is a lot to like about him but the hyperbolic takes for him and against Dvorsky are hard to take seriously tbh
Lol. Passing? Stick handling? Skating?

God thats a frustratingly bad take from someone that looks at everyone from the Mount Everest of scouting.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
That would be absolutely fantastic, a top line PF with 80-90 pts potential + a strong top 6 puck possession center with 70-80 pts potential, Im sold. :thumbu:

Dvorsky is everything fans hoped Wright would be, cant go wrong here.
I think that's kinda the problem though. Even though I wanted Wright last year, we were still hoping that our offensive dynamo would come from this draft.

If we draft Dvorsky now, then we'd still be missing that offensive dynamo. Even though I believe Slaf develops into a really good player, I don't think he becomes that offensive game-breaker that we need that puts us over the top.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think that's kinda the problem though. Even though I wanted Wright last year, we were still hoping that our offensive dynamo would come from this draft.

If we draft Dvorsky now, then we'd still be missing that offensive dynamo. Even though I believe Slaf develops into a really good player, I don't think he becomes that offensive game-breaker that we need that puts us over the top.
If you want an offensive dynamo, pray hard for Bedard.

Slaf, Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Dvorsky still would be an insane top 6, especially if you add Dubois or Lafreniere.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
If you want an offensive dynamo, pray hard for Bedard.

Slaf, Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Dvorsky still would be an insane top 6, especially if you add Dubois or Lafreniere.
Obviously Bedard would be insane, but I still believe all of Fantilli, Michkov, Carlsson, Smith and potentially Benson all have more offensive potential than Dvorsky.

On the other hand, I just saw that Bader posted Dvorsky's J20 draft equivalency and it projects similar to Kucherov. I know people hate him, but it's just an interesting stat nonetheless.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Obviously Bedard would be insane, but I still believe all of Fantilli, Michkov, Carlsson, Smith and potentially Benson all have more offensive potential than Dvorsky.

On the other hand, I just saw that Bader posted Dvorsky's J20 draft equivalency and it projects similar to Kucherov. I know people hate him, but it's just an interesting stat nonetheless.

Bader algorithm is nothing more than a fooling by randomness (N N Taleb).

It just show how much of a non-sense it is that his J20 performance double his equivalency in the Allvenskan.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If we pick 6, I just hope we end up with a player like Matthew Tkachuk. What a freaking stud. Insane player. Clutch, grit, talent, relentless, pest, sacrifices his body in front shots, everything you want in a hockey player tailored for playoffs.
Closest to Tkachuk at 6th would be Leonard

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Do you have an example of a players whose career has been ruined because he have been rushed ?
Ruined is a big term, but a lot of guys are rushed in the NHL and it affect their potential. Just look at what we did in Mtl with KK and Chucky(More off ice problem, but still 18 when he came to Mtl and become a god in the city). I'm pretty sure they would have been better with an other year in the minor/europe, like the Sabres did with Powers.

Reactions: ReHabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad