Votes: 1 2.6%
  • BPA no matter what position

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
Optimistic about this draft. Our picks may not be the highest, but I trust in GM Francis and our scouting team.
I agree. Of course there are guys like Bedard but guys like Carolinas Sebastian Aho went on the second round and he is a legitimate franchise player. I have a lot of faith in Francis building the team.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I agree. Of course there are guys like Bedard but guys like Carolinas Sebastian Aho went on the second round and he is a legitimate franchise player. I have a lot of faith in Francis building the team.
Yep. Francis will continue doing a good job drafting for us. My hope is that at some point he starts being aggressive with trades and FA acquisitions. But not for another season or two.

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
I was hoping we could get Willander or Sandin Pellikka. Now I'm starting to get hopeful that it could actually happen.

rsteen

Oct 1, 2022
Seems really odd to go from a pro league to CHL, especially with his size.
Not that uncommon for European prospects. Fabian Lysell from 2021, Filip Mesar and Brad Lambert from last year are players who I can think of who did it.
It allows them to get used to the North American ice and game playing with their peers, and because they weren't drafted out of the CHL, the agreement doesn't apply and they can go to the AHL in their 19 year old season.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seems really odd to go from a pro league to CHL, especially with his size.

Not that uncommon for European prospects. Fabian Lysell from 2021, Filip Mesar and Brad Lambert from last year are players who I can think of who did it.
It allows them to get used to the North American ice and game playing with their peers, and because they weren't drafted out of the CHL, the agreement doesn't apply and they can go to the AHL in their 19 year old season.

Stan Svozil is another prospect that went from the Czech league to the CHL. It was fantastic for him.

We want Sale to dominate offensively. He has the tools but needs to learn how to put them all together.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Depends on how scouts are rating the players too. Black Book, which is fairly reputable, has Perreault at 9OA despite outlining concerns over his skating, size and athleticism. That is how they rate the other aspects of his game.
So much for the Black Book. Gabe's skating was enough to scare away 19 teams (3 of them picked twice).

Willander went much higher than expected, not a big surprise to me.

Really disappointed that Chicago picked Moore.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Really disappointed that Chicago picked Moore.

Same.

I can't be too disappointed. My team drafted my 20th guy at 20th. I guess that's average.

But Oliver Moore is so extra. The fastest, the most endless energy nonstop motor, heart to the maximum. If you like watching Yanni Gourde... you'll love Oliver Moore.

At least I can say I think Sale is the higher upside pick. He can read a play better. It might pay off in the end.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
While I lukewarm about Sale at 20, I'm quite pleased with our day 2 haul! Wow!

I had Caden Price in the 30-40 range, could be a steal at 84. Dragicevic is a long-term project but a potential top 4, PPQB if he puts it all together. Rehkopf has one of the best shots in the draft. Fisker Molgaard, 17 years old and already an SHL regular.

Reactions: AarG

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
Admittedly, I don't know much about any of these guys. I rely on what you guys say here on the board and how others rank our draft haul. I rounded up some draft grade opinions...

1688138594170.png

1688138649969.png

1688138703491.png

1688138743203.png

1688138781015.png

1688138814351.png

Reactions: Hocktopus and AarG

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Admittedly, I don't know much about any of these guys. I rely on what you guys say here on the board and how others rank our draft haul. I rounded up some draft grade opinions...

View attachment 724103

View attachment 724104

View attachment 724105

View attachment 724106

View attachment 724107

View attachment 724108

A-

Good solid drafting, but nothing spectacular. Sale is a question mark, don't hate it but don't love it either, hence the minus. Or maybe I'm still disappointed by Moore, lol. By no ways do I blame Francis for not picking a player that wasn't available, but I would have given a solid A if he had picked Moore.

It's a lot better job of maximizing draft assets than what Red Wings did. They picked a 7D from NDPT with their second rounder, lol.

I like the Molgaard pick, I think he's got just as much chance of making the NHL as Sale.

Edit: I like the way Francis' scouting team utilizes analytics as well as scouting to pick players that fit into the system, It's obvious they have some balance, Perrault would have been the pick if they ONLY relied on analytics. I wish the Wings had that kind of balance, they keep picking kids with absolutely no puck skills.

I'm flipping my #1 and #2 teams, so like it or not you guys will see more of me, lol. I think the Wings rebuild is going to take a while with the way they are drafting.

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Your boys at the game today. Funny thing, before they got pulled out I pointed them out to the people beside me and they didn't even know who the Kraken were. In time I guess. :)

20230701_160053.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad