GDT: 2023 NHL Entry Draft - DAY 2

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Still a prehistoric rubbish saying...Cal Foote,Logan Stanley > Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes..('thats a small body gentleman')

Vegas won with size on the blue line this year, doesnt mean that next year the Cup could be won with a smaller , more mobile D (then that will be the flavour of the month).

Obviously, you cant have all non physical PMD's on D..you do need a balanced D, which does include big physical players as well.

That's the way it usually goes. This year it's all about size because Vegas showed a masterclass blueline with size; But the year prior it was Colorado with a smaller blueline but guys that are very mobile and skilled.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Maybe it'll turn out that the Canucks scouts were very smart, and in a year or two it'll look like a good draft. I just wish that they'd had the nerve to trade down, starting in the first round and continuing. Acquire more picks. Take the chance that a bunch of these surprising selections would be available later.

It would have been a risk worth taking.
Well we got this guy on the payroll:

1688171983759.jpeg

How can we not fail?

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The majority of people here have never seen any of these picks play and they are relying on the opinion of local media types who have never played a sport in their lives but are hockey experts. Sounds normal for this fanbase.
I

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
For comparison's sake, I want to post who I would have drafted, according to my final pre-draft list

11 Moore
(17 Barlow)
(43 Riley Heidt)
75 Jayden Perron

And that's as far as my draft list went this year, about one round deep. I probably wouldn't have made that Hronek trade, at the time, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad