Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

1688006795379.png

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The fact that we dont have a 2nd makes me irrationally angry looking at the names on the board

anaheim with three in the 2nd
Chicago has four 2nd round picks
detroit is picking 3x straight in the second

chicago is going to walk away with Gavin Brindley tomorrow morning for our idiotic short sightedness

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Pretty shocked Cristall hasn't been drafted yet, especially when the Leafs went and picked Jeff Cowan's hockey stick.

Secretly hoping we move into round 2 and pick Dragicevic but I can't see him falling past 50.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Heidt, Drag or Sawchyn.

Just confirms how bad the Hronek trade was.
The usual short sighted "lets makes the playoffs next year at any cost" type stupidity. In particular, as I have been whining about all day, taking on salary and crippling themselves so that every other team knows that they are in cap hell. And if Hronek turns out to be great, then we need to re-sign both him and EP next year, when the OEL buyout jumps to $2.35M at the same time. And if he turns into crap, well what a senseless waste.

Just plain dumb all the way around. And I was mostly ok with the new management up until this trade.

Edit - and to make matter worse, OEL goes to $4.8 M the next 2 years, so even if the cap goes up we have years before we are clear of this stupidity. FFS.

Reactions: gameface

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
The usual short sighted "lets makes the playoffs next year at any cost" type stupidity. In particular, as I have been whining about all day, taking on salary and crippling themselves so that every other team knows that they are in cap hell. And if Hronek turns out to be great, then we need to re-sign both him and EP next year, when the OEL buyout jumps to $2.35M at the same time. And if he turns into crap, well what a senseless waste.

Just plain dumb all the way around. And I was mostly ok with the new management up until this trade.
yeah it would be really shitty and dumb if hronek turned out to be great

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
The fact that we dont have a 2nd makes me irrationally angry looking at the names on the board

anaheim with three in the 2nd
Chicago has four 2nd round picks
detroit is picking 3x straight in the second

chicago is going to walk away with Gavin Brindley tomorrow morning for our idiotic short sightedness

You can't get ahead by picking just once in the first two rounds all the time, especially when you're already near the bottom. We're so screwed.

Watching basement teams stockpiling picks year after year makes me so god damn angry to be a Canucks fan.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
it would be a good thing if hronek had a great year! paying your good players is good. we didn't acquire hronek in the hopes that he would be a bargain bin 1-3M AAV pickup.
You didnt answer my question? What sort of salary do you expect to pay him under RFA? Assuming he has a good year. Of course I want him to be good. But we are already in cap hell,

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
You can't get ahead by picking just once in the first two rounds all the time, especially when you're already near the bottom. We're so screwed.

Watching basement teams stockpiling picks year after year makes me so god damn angry to be a Canucks fan.

I guess this is 64 picks will be made before our 2nd one

that is just insane we are letting much talent just pass us by.

We have 7 picks, which is the allotted amount everybody gets
we should have more.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You didnt answer my question? What sort of salary do you expect to pay him under RFA? Assuming he has a good year. Of course I want him to be good. But we are already in cap hell,
We are in cap trouble because we have awful contracts, not because the top of the lineup is jammed with high earners making it hard to fill out the roster. Not all capped out team are the same.

If our cap structure was like Toronto then yeah we should worry.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
I guess this is 64 picks will be made before our 2nd one

that is just insane we are letting much talent just pass us by.

We have 7 picks, which is the allotted amount everybody gets
we should have more.

7 picks is the most we've had in 4 seasons. 5, 6, 6, 7. It's our second 2nd round pick in that time. It's insane

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It's been nearly 20 years since we've drafted someone of importance in round 3 or after. Alex Edler and Hansen in 2004. Can't really count Forsling here...

We've drafted in the 2nd round 10 drafts in the past 20 drafts when we include tomorrows draft.

It's been super f***ing depressing.

Last edited:
Reactions: supercanuck

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's been nearly 20 years since we've drafted someone of importance in round 3 or after. Alex Edler and Hansen in 2004. Can't really count Forsling here...

We've drafted in the 2nd round 10 drafts in the past 20 drafts when we include tomorrows draft.

It's been super f***ing depressing.
I'm convinced that Jonathan Myrenberg is going to break that streak. 5th rounder in 2021. One more season in the SHL and he'll be coming over. 6'3", 196 lbs, rhd, just turned 20.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I'm convinced that Jonathan Myrenberg is going to break that streak. 5th rounder in 2021. One more season in the SHL and he'll be coming over. 6'3", 196 lbs, rhd, just turned 20.
That would be unfortunate as he was traded to Boston last season and I can’t stand the B’s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad