Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I would 100 percent choose Fantilli, but if the Ducks draft Carlsson I'll be excited because it means they think he'll be better than Fantilli which says a lot. Plus I trust our scouting in the top 10. Mctavish, Z, Minty, Lindholm, Drysdale, Ryan, and even Fowler at 12 were all winning picks. Only Ritchie stands out as a wtf were they thinking pick.

That’s largely how I feel. While I prefer Fantilli, part of me would be very excited by Carlsson because I think it would mean they really see something in him that makes it a no-brainer. I have to believe if it were close, they would go Fantilli for the reasons mentioned over and over (he seems to fit more of a need and seems to embody traits that resonate strongly with Verbeek).

Reactions: Ducks

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
seems funny to bastion Tkachuck as some pinnacle of the playoff hockey player when he was pretty much mediocre as can be in his previous appearances, and then got injured due to his playing style in his one great showing.

“what have you done for me lately”.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I think it comes down to whether you can teach Carlson to be more physical, or can you teach Fantilli to have a higher Hockey IQ. I think we need Physicality and would love the guy who will be a #1 center, but I trust that if we draft Carlson they think he is better long term. I just dont think Zegras ends up there, so we need a top center.

@dirk - Even though the SHL is not a physical league they are still adult men, not college kids. So if you can control the puck against them, that is impressive. I dont want our #1 center to be hitting guys all over the ice. Also I dont think Fantilli is going to be as physical in the NHL as he is in the NCAA, he is not 225lbs. He is smaller than Fowler by 20lbs, think about that for a second.

I was 100% in favor of Fantilli, but now leaning toward Carlson, thinking he could be a Toews/Bergeron/Getzlaf/Kopitar type. I would be thrilled with either so good times, we will see tomorrow.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The closest one to Bergeron in the daft is Fantilli, a guy with 2way ability and relentless compete.
Bedard, Michkov, Carlsson, Smith all are terrible defensively. Why is there an assumption that Fantilli's hockey IQ is super low ? People are basing that off of nothing.

Reactions: Ducks and Boo Boo

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Less than 24 hours to go before the real fun begins. I’m pretty sure that even if we draft Fantilli a fight will still break out over what to do with him. And if it is Carlsson, well, our little corner of HF might just crash the site all by our little selves. LoL! :laugh:

Reactions: Kalv

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
The closest one to Bergeron in the daft is Fantilli, a guy with 2way ability and relentless compete.
Bedard, Michkov, Carlsson, Smith all are terrible defensively. Why is there an assumption that Fantilli's hockey IQ is super low ? People are basing that off of nothing.

Complains about people basing things off nothing, then bases things off nothing. Welcome to HFBoards.

Side note, I actually see much more of a bigger Marchand in Fantilli than Bergeron…and I mean that as a compliment.

Oct 18, 2011
seems funny to bastion Tkachuck as some pinnacle of the playoff hockey player when he was pretty much mediocre as can be in his previous appearances, and then got injured due to his playing style in his one great showing.
Yeah I can't imagine why people would badly want a franchise power forward who can physically take over games in a league that has gotten increasingly less physical. If you hit on a player like Fantilli you have arguably the hardest thing to get in this league outside of the Crosby/McDavid type of guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad