Pre-Game Talk: 2023 NHL Draft Mega Thread: Nashville, 1st Round June 28 7 PM

Who Does Montreal Draft at 5th OA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I would really like to know how we plan on addressing our goaltending situation. We have no one on our roster or in the pipeline who is capable of being a #1. This needs to be addressed, and appears won’t be this year with the top goalie prospects likely gone by the second round.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
There are a hell of a lot of possibilities tomorrow with the top 10.

3. Columbus rumoured to be interested in both Smith and Carlsson. Smith gaining late traction.

4. San Jose linked to Smith, Carlsson, Michkov, Leonard, Reinbacher.

5. Habs linked to Smith, Leonard, Reinbacher with outside mentions of Michkov and Benson. Carlsson would likely be a run to the podium situation.

6. Arizona linked to Reinbacher, Leonard and Dvorsky.

7. Philly linked to Michkov, Leonard, Reinbacher, Benson and Dvorsky.

8. Washington linked to Michkov and Dvorsky.

Detroit and St. Louis haven’t heard much but I imagine Sandin-Pellikka, Benson, Wood, and Moore are options there.

The most exciting part of this is always the crazy speculation and possibilities and then to see it actually unfold.
It’s the most intriguing draft I can remember.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I would really like to know how we plan on addressing our goaltending situation. We have no one on our roster or in the pipeline who is capable of being a #1. This needs to be addressed, and appears won’t be this year with the top goalie prospects likely gone by the second round.

Disregard goaltending and defense.

Acquire small forwards.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

The goalie you draft today will take at least 5 to 6 years to come into his own....having said that, I really wanted Hrabal. But we might get some other picks, we have a whole bunch of players to trade, we're open for business.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would really like to know how we plan on addressing our goaltending situation. We have no one on our roster or in the pipeline who is capable of being a #1.
Behold the Neckless man!

With the draft in Nashville, he’s gunning for a splash, that may co-star a complicit, bald, smooth talking lounge lizard.

Askarov on the move? Possible.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Bad Acting Award for Brière.

Anthony Di Marco also a winner in a supporting supportive role.

For their turn in this gem:

IMG_0590.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
• Hughes confirmed the Canadiens met with Matvei Michkov in Nashville. “It was a good first impression,” he said. “It’s definitely different when you have to use a translator, but I was reading his body language and I found his answers to be intelligent and mature.” Hughes added that Michkov came across as a player confident in his abilities. Not sure how much people should read into that, but the Canadiens meeting with him with an open mind at least gives the impression they are open to taking him. But I still believe they won’t. I may be wrong.

Now don't get excited, remember, Arpon isn't connected.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Dvorsky scheduled to be interviewed by Habs tomorrow morning.
They didn't interview him at the Combine? I'm pretty sure they did, since even Martineau interviewed him...

Or they are doing a last minute check-up like last year. He's ranked basically equal to Leonard at 6th on Bob's list so he's part of the selection range.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
• Hughes confirmed the Canadiens met with Matvei Michkov in Nashville. “It was a good first impression,” he said. “It’s definitely different when you have to use a translator, but I was reading his body language and I found his answers to be intelligent and mature.” Hughes added that Michkov came across as a player confident in his abilities. Not sure how much people should read into that, but the Canadiens meeting with him with an open mind at least gives the impression they are open to taking him. But I still believe they won’t. I may be wrong.

Now don't get excited, remember, Arpon isn't connected.
Hopefully, Bobrov was in the room.

Reactions: Canadienna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad