NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) Dallas Cowboys vs (7) Green Bay Packers

DAL vs GB

• Total voters

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm not saying Dallas defence played well by any means, but the offence scored 0 points for most of the first half.

Dak threw a pick on his own 20, and then threw a pick 6. When the score was 14-0 and 21-0.

You can hope your defence holds up when the offence turns the ball over at the 20 and make a game changing play.

The defence did suck, but for the most part they sucked when the game was out of reach. Our offence did a complete no show in the first half and for the better part of the game.

It's somewhat similar to the leafs. Everyone says they need to add defence, but when most of the cap is on offence and you have a QB that is gonna demand 50-60m, you can't go the entire half with scoring 0 points and giving the other team 14.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not saying Dallas defence played well by any means, but the offence scored 0 points for most of the first half.

Dak threw a pick on his own 20, and then threw a pick 6. When the score was 14-0 and 21-0.

You can hope your defence holds up when the offence turns the ball over at the 20 and make a game changing play.

The defence did suck, but for the most part they sucked when the game was out of reach. Our offence did a complete no show in the first half and for the better part of the game.

It's somewhat similar to the leafs. Everyone says they need to add defence, but when most of the cap is on offence and you have a QB that is gonna demand 50-60m, you can't go the entire half with scoring 0 points and giving the other team 14.

Yep.

Just listening to Ryans ”don’t you dare blame this on Dak” speach.

The game was 27-0 and at that point Dak was the reason for 2 TD’s for Packers and their offense had scored zero.

So how is it just on defense?

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yep.

The game was 27-0 and at that point Dak was the reason for 2 TD’s for Packers and their offense had scored zero.

Like.. it was 14-0, then this dude proceeded to throw a pick on our own 20 which by fluke wasn't another pick six on him being down, then they get the ball back and he then throws another pick six.

It's already 27-0. I guess the defence can pitch a shutout for the rest of the game.

This also doesn't even include the drive in the first half when we were in field goal territory and he takes a sack to make it a punt.

Dak was basically a 17 point shift in his own mistakes

Sep 19, 2008
PXL_20240115_150044495.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yep.

It's not at all just on the defense, but the defense was absolutely whipped.

The Packers were up 20-0 before Dak threw the pick six. Sure, one was a short TD drive because of the bad Dak interception, but the other two were drives of 75 and 93 yards where the defense got no pressure, was letting receivers run wide open, and were getting absolutely abused by the Packers run game.

Even after the Cowboys scored 10 points on either side of the half and the defense had enjoyed a long rest, the Packers got the ball and went 75 yards for a TD with ease on a five play drive. The Cowboys defense was complete garbage.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

It's very similar to the Leafs.

Most of the Leafs' playoff losses recently are due in large part to the Scrooge McDucks upfront that don't raise their games in the playoffs. Playoff Morgan Rielly is a horse, on the other hand.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Like.. it was 14-0, then this dude proceeded to throw a pick on our own 20 which by fluke wasn't another pick six on him being down, then they get the ball back and he then throws another pick six.

It's already 27-0. I guess the defence can pitch a shutout for the rest of the game.

This also doesn't even include the drive in the first half when we were in field goal territory and he takes a sack to make it a punt.

Dak was basically a 17 point shift in his own mistakes
I don't see how two interceptions equals 17 points. If you want to put 14 points on Dak, I won't argue with you, but the two other TDs were entirely on the defense being a non-factor. They were down 27-0 because not one thing on the team was going well.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Parsons was invisible. He's also been overly quiet the back part of the season (just like last year). Good teams also run right at him with great success because he's small for his position.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It was complete failure on all aspects for Cowboys from coaching, offense, defense and special teams

When that happens it's not just on one guy or coach, etc

It was embarrassment that should have major repercussions for franchise.

Three straight 12-5 seasons with top 10 offenses and defenses all three years and all the Cowboys have to show for it is a single playoff victory in wildcard over an 8-9 team (Bucs)

1-3 playoff record in that span

That is historic level of failure

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I don't see how two interceptions equals 17 points. If you want to put 14 points on Dak, I won't argue with you, but the two other TDs were entirely on the defense being a non-factor. They were down 27-0 because not one thing on the team was going well.
He took a sack in field goal territory where our kicker has missed 1 kick all year

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
At the end of the day, Dak is what he is. He's a fourth rounder who developed into a decent QB but there's a obviously a ceiling there. He's never going to be a top tier Mahomes/Burrow level guy.

So what do you do? Do you move on from him to sign Kirk Cousins? It's a marginal improvement at best, if improvement it is at all. Russell Wilson? RIde it out with Trey Lance\Cooper Rush?

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010

He's adding in the sack Dak took that moved Dallas out of FG range and hence cost them another 3 points.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's adding in the sack Dak took that moved Dallas out of FG range and hence cost them another 3 points.
Dak was off all game. But the D was no where to be found for the Cowboys.

Dallas has some big decisions on contracts to figure out, regarding who to restructure and who to move off of.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
That's a pretty soft three points to put on Dak, especially when Green Bay took the ball after the punt and went 93 yards for an easy TD. I don't see any difference in the outcome if down 27-3 vs 27-0.
It’s 3 points we don’t score because he took a dumb sack. How is it soft? Not once have I said the defence isn’t to blame. But Dak was a result of giving the packers 14 points and taking away 3 of our own.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Dak was off all game. But the D was no where to be found for the Cowboys.

Dallas has some big decisions on contracts to figure out, regarding who to restructure and who to move off of.
Quinn might have went in complacent just like all the fans and the rest of the team.

GB ate all day on the corner route.

They really thought Jordan Love was in 2021.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Can we now stop with the America's team hose shit..
Here we gooo!!!
You’ve been actively rooting my against them and was one of the most popular posters in a thread against a team you hate… there’s a reason why they get that title and well, it’s because of people like you

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I just realized there's a ton of irony...

Jerruh put Romo down like a dying dog likely because of Romo's health and turnovers....

Dak Prescott...last game...well...tossed turnovers.

DIDN'T FIX THE QB TURNOVER PROBLEM.

And there will be turnover at the Cowboys QB position again.

LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad