Golf: 2023 Masters Tournament - Big 3 Edition

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
How is the final group not a Featured Group?

Seems like we won’t be able to watch them until CBS picks up the broadcast at 3??

I guess you can catch them at 4,5,6 in the Masters website but that’s bullshit coverage…not being able to watch them tee off and play every hole

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I thought it was just me in Canada.

Apparently I can't just turn on the tv and watch the final group of the Masters even though TSN has 5 channels and is showing Cam Smith's group and another feed of Amen Corner. :rolleyes:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I thought it was just me in Canada.

Apparently I can't just turn on the tv and watch the final group of the Masters even though TSN has 5 channels and is showing Cam Smith's group and another feed of Amen Corner. :rolleyes:

Such bullshit…no one gives a shit about dudes 10-12 shots back

Just include the leaders in Featured Group coverage and then cut them out of it when CBS and other big wig networks pick up the broadcast….

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I believe The Masters decides who are the feature groups so the TV coverage is dependent on who they choose to show. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is why they don't start the full coverage until 3pm ET. For them to make Tiger a feature group who started 15 shots off the lead makes zero sense.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I believe The Masters decides who are the feature groups so the TV coverage is dependent on who they choose to show. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is why they don't start the full coverage until 3pm ET. For them to make Tiger a feature group who started 15 shots off the lead makes zero sense.

This happens every year on Moving Day, and people complain about it every year (and rightly so). It’s always been the case.

The justification you usually hear for it is if the leaders are included in Featured Group coverage, it would hurt CBS viewership because ppl would just watch Featured Groups instead.

I say, there’s an easy fix, include them in FG and yank them when CBS picks up the coverage.

Reactions: red devil

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Such bullshit…no one gives a shit about dudes 10-12 shots back

Just include the leaders in Featured Group coverage and then cut them out of it when CBS and other big wig networks pick up the broadcast….

What on Earth is Phil doing in 4th place?
He's hit a few bombs on the green and otherwise putting very well. But his score is better than he is playing.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Those are just replays on individual shots right? I did see that on the app when you click a players name on the leaderboard.

Still pretty cool though
Yes they are but it's still good to look at when someone posts a number; good or bad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A Monday finish with a runaway winner will make for the worst ratings in quite sometime.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Schedule for tomorrow and they will have split tees during the final round so they will finish the final round tomorrow.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Imagine being the people who submit for the lottery raffle for years and finally won Saturday tickets for this year…oof.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Tiger should take the rest of the spring off to rest up for Royal Liverpool, which is clearly his best shot at contending this year, provided the weather cooperates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad