2023 Kraken Training Camp Thread

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Wow, Evans led all D in TOI with over 2 minutes more than the runner-up (Larsson). Hak is really giving him a lot of rope in Dunn’s absence, how did he actually look though?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Ok then. Loads of questions answered. So that means Kartye made the squad. That’s cool. It also looks like Megna got the spot in question on D, good for him. Daccord also getting the backup goalie spot. I’m confused on one aspect, doesn’t that leave the Kraken w 22 roster spots filled? Maybe they are planning to grab somebody who was waived?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm happy to see Kartye make the team. I don't watch too many Kraken games but last season in the playoffs when I watched, he impressed the hell outta me and it seemed like he would eventually become a stud for you guys. Hopefully he sticks all season and keeps getting better

Reactions: sigma six and kihei

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Ok then. Loads of questions answered. So that means Kartye made the squad. That’s cool. It also looks like Megna got the spot in question on D, good for him. Daccord also getting the backup goalie spot. I’m confused on one aspect, doesn’t that leave the Kraken w 22 roster spots filled? Maybe they are planning to grab somebody who was waived?
What's the cap number with the 22 players? I heard today a number of teams might be going with slightly smaller numbers of players to stay cap compliant.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Wright was pretty invisible in the pre-season games and I don’t think he even dressed for the one last night. Seemed pretty clear he was headed to CV.

bmore236

Mar 3, 2004
He was playing on the 4th line, which is tough to get puck touches. Although, I have not seen any of the pre season games, this is a very good thing as he gets a chance to play a lot.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Wright was pretty invisible in the pre-season games and I don’t think he even dressed for the one last night. Seemed pretty clear he was headed to CV.

He wasn't that invisible. The final pre-season game is always pretty much a dress rehearsal for the regular season.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
He was playing on the 4th line, which is tough to get puck touches. Although, I have not seen any of the pre season games, this is a very good thing as he gets a chance to play a lot.
I’ve been saying this around here for months : the worst thing for Wright would be staying up and playing on the 4th line. Surprisingly many have disagreed with me. CV is honestly the best thing for him at this point. Hopefully he goes down there and hits his stride.

Reactions: kihei

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Ron Francis held a presser after the final cuts.

- he said that Wright looked good but needs to play with more confidence offensively

--> completely agree with this cause Wright looked good defensively but a bit timid on offense which you don't want from a guy like that

- around the 3:40 minute mark he said that they now have roughly $2.8M in cap space(thanks to sending Driedger down and going with 22 players) and want to be active around the TDL

---> that, to me, is no surprise at all cause I think the next big name that becomes available has a good chance to end up in Seattle as you can't just have a bunch of good players and expect to consistantly make the playoffs and have a shot to go deep.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Ron Francis held a presser after the final cuts.

- he said that Wright looked good but needs to play with more confidence offensively

--> completely agree with this cause Wright looked good defensively but a bit timid on offense which you don't want from a guy like that

- around the 3:40 minute mark he said that they now have roughly $2.8M in cap space(thanks to sending Driedger down and going with 22 players) and want to be active around the TDL

---> that, to me, is no surprise at all cause I think the next big name that becomes available has a good chance to end up in Seattle as you can't just have a bunch of good players and expect to consistantly make the playoffs and have a shot to go deep.

Hoping he can do that this season. I noticed the same thing last season with him when on offence.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ultimately I want Shane at center but I think some time at wing could help him. Less time to think, more focus on attacking with the puck whenever the opportunity arises. He has a tendency to hang back like a third defender and wing will force him to play deeper.

Reactions: AarG

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Ultimately I want Shane at center but I think some time at wing could help him. Less time to think, more focus on attacking with the puck whenever the opportunity arises. He has a tendency to hang back like a third defender and wing will force him to play deeper.
That’s an excellent point. Playing wing allows a younger centre like Wright the opportunity to use the hockey IQ and instincts that made him a first rounder.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s an excellent point. Playing wing allows a younger centre like Wright the opportunity to use the hockey IQ and instincts that made him a first rounder.

His best play at the World Juniors he was ahead of the play with no one to pass to, and he just went for it. We need to see more of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00