GDT: 2023 IIHF U18 Tournament (April 20-30 @ Switzerland)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Some interesting players to follow:

1st round:
Will Smith - USA
Oliver Moore - USA
Ryan Leonard - USA
Gabe Perreault - USA
Gavin Brindley - USA
Colby Barlow - Canada
Andrew Cristall - Canada
Matthew Wood - Canada
Calum Ritchie - Canada
Dalibor Dvorsky - Slovakia
Eduard Sale - Czechia
Axel Sandin-Pellikka - Sweden

2nd round:
Hunter Brzustewicz - USA
Aram Minnetian - USA
Trey Agustine - USA
Lukas Dragicevic - Canada
Etienne Morin - Canada
Cam Allen - Canada
Caden Price - Canada
Andrew Gibson - Canada
Quinton Burns - Canada
Nick Lardis - Canada
Kasper Halttunen - Finland
Lenni Hameenaho - Finland
Jesse Kiiskinen - Finland
Maxim Strbak - Slovakia
Michael Hrabal - Czechia
Otto Stenberg - Sweden
Tom Willander - Sweden
Theo Lindstein - Sweden
Noah Dower-Nilsson - Sweden
Noel Nordh - Sweden
Anton Wahlberg - Sweden

In no particular order. Don't get too caught on the 1st round/2nd round -thing. This was a quick list. I'm sure i've forgotten some, will edit this later.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
A number of high-end '24s as well between Celebrini, Eiserman and Kiviharju just to name a few.

Brindley & Brzus won't be there for the US I don't believe. Bjarnason is another potential top 60 guy.

At 8 I think it mainly revolves around Moore/Leonard with Barlow lurking and maybe an outside shot of Dvorsky if he crushes it. Dvorsky will be the most interesting player to watch, particularly how productive he can be as his team's top center. Sale also could have a lot riding here.

NHLN will carry all of the US games and all but CAN's opening match against SWE it seems.

Reactions: RedRocking

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
A number of high-end '24s as well between Celebrini, Eiserman and Kiviharju just to name a few.

Brindley & Brzus won't be there for the US I don't believe. Bjarnason is another potential top 60 guy.

At 8 I think it mainly revolves around Moore/Leonard with Barlow lurking and maybe an outside shot of Dvorsky if he crushes it. Dvorsky will be the most interesting player to watch, particularly how productive he can be as his team's top center. Sale also could have a lot riding here.

NHLN will carry all of the US games and all but CAN's opening match against SWE it seems.
Allen and Price as Dmen in the 2nd round look kinda intriguing. Hey Langway any thoughts on Bonk's kid?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
D options at 40 I'd put as more or less: Price, Dragicevic, Molendyk, Bonk. The Caps could use LD more than RD all things being equal, particularly more stout options defensively with top 4 upside to push Fehervary going forward. LD in that group are the WHLers Price & Molendyk and both would be pretty solid at 40. I'm not sure what to make of Molendyk's skill level or how effective a player he is altogether but he's very likely a top 3-5 skating defenseman in this draft. Bonk is fair. Maybe a #4 that's steady but also kind of redundant in the system compared to Iorio/Chesley. Whereas Dragicevic at least would provide offensive upside.

Edit: Simashev would be at the top of that D list should he slide for nationality reasons. Gulyayev I'd probably put slightly behind Price.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

CAN/SWE kicks off in about an hour (not televised in the US to my knowledge). A bit interesting to see Howe playing center over Ritchie, though I believe Ritchie has been playing through an injury. Price/Allen should be the top pair.

USA vs. Latvia will be on NHLN at 10 eastern.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Ehhh... what is this. 5-0 Sweden after 14 minutes.

1-0: Otto Stenberg (Tom Willander, Felix Sorum)
2-0: Noel Nordh (Axel Sandin-Pellikka)
3-0: Noah Dower-Nilsson (Axel Sandin-Pellikka, Zeb Forsfjall)
4-0: Axel Sandin-Pellikka (Otto Stenberg, Theo Lindstein)
5-0: Anton Wahlberg (Zeb Forsfjall)

Great start for Sweden. Canada... yikes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hexroot

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
1st round:
Will Smith - USA 2
Oliver Moore - USA 11
Ryan Leonard - USA 9
Gabe Perreault - USA 4
Gavin Brindley - USA
Colby Barlow - Canada
Andrew Cristall - Canada
Matthew Wood - Canada
Calum Ritchie - Canada
Dalibor Dvorsky - Slovakia
Eduard Sale - Czechia
Axel Sandin-Pellikka - Sweden

2nd round:
Hunter Brzustewicz - USA
Aram Minnetian - USA 17
Trey Agustine - USA 1
Lukas Dragicevic - Canada
Etienne Morin - Canada
Cam Allen - Canada
Caden Price - Canada
Andrew Gibson - Canada
Quinton Burns - Canada
Nick Lardis - Canada
Kasper Halttunen - Finland
Lenni Hameenaho - Finland
Jesse Kiiskinen - Finland
Maxim Strbak - Slovakia
Michael Hrabal - Czechia
Otto Stenberg - Sweden
Tom Willander - Sweden
Theo Lindstein - Sweden
Noah Dower-Nilsson - Sweden
Noel Nordh - Sweden
Anton Wahlberg - Sweden

want to keep track of the #s

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Hat trick for Lardis in an 8-0 win over Germany. Two goals for Wood. Two games into the tournament I think Wood may be Canada's best draft-eligible. At least the one with the highest upside based on his frame and skill level. He's got to put in the work to continue to get faster, become more physical and harder to contain. College is a good spot for him to continue to focus on strength and pace. Give him another year and maybe he's ready for the AHL.

Reactions: usiel

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
How has other options for guys around pick #8 looked?

Mostly been able to watch USA for now. Smith, Leonard and Moore all looked great so far. I do wonder if Leonard will end up being a winger at the NHL-level.

Gabe Perreault looks great too. I sort of wish there was an opportunity to pick up both him and one of his line-mates.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Canada (Barlow) vs. Slovakia (Dvorsky) is on NHLN now.

Leonard has played RW all year and tends to be where he's expected to play. Perreault has been great. Crafty. Definitely underrated. Today against Finland will be their best test so far.

Sale has been skilled and productive. I haven't watched all of Dvorsky but he's not lighting up the score sheet. Barlow just scored and has had chances but hasn't killed it exactly. ASP has probably been the most impressive aside from the NTDP guys.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Canada gets by Slovakia 4-3. Dvorsky & Strbak had solid games. On the flipside I don't think Cristall has done much to win over skeptics thus far. Same for Allen rebounding. Wood was less effective against stronger compteition. Canada has added Heidt up front but to this point looks a bit behind the US & Sweden.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Big chance missed by Finns and USA scores again. Great pass from Smith, assist for Perreault too, Minnetian the scorer. Leonard doing great work around the net.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Will Smith playing himself out of our reach... 1+4 today.

Good thing Leonard and Moore looking great too. Perreault really good aswell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad