Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2021 Result2020 Result
1Luke Hughes2021 Round 1 #4 Overall89.1Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall92.5Simon NemecDawson Mercer
3Alexander Holtz2020 Round 1 #7 Overall39.1Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Akira Schmid2018 Round 5 #136 Overall43.8Arseni GritsyukNolan Foote
5Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall57.6Shakir MukhamadullinShakir Mukhamadullin
6Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall86.9Fabian ZetterlundKevin Bahl

Last Pick: Arseni Gritsyuk - SKA St. Petersburg / KHL

Gritsyuk2.jpg

Added: Chase Stillman

Eligible Players:

Artem Barabosha
Shane Bowers
Cole Brady
Cole Brown
Chase Cheslock
Ethan Edwards
Brian Halonen
Santeri Hatakka
Peter Hauser
Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Daniil Misyul
Patrick Moynihan
Daniil Orlov
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires
Tyce Thompson
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
Selected:
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec
Akira Schmid
Seamus Casey
Arseni Gritsyuk

In Poll:
Zakhar Bardakov
Tyler Brennan
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Josh Filmon
Nolan Foote
Lenni Hameenaho
Daniil Karpovich
Chase Stillman
Topias Vilen

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Went with Hameneggo but really considered Vilen here. If Vilen had a bit more scoring pop he'd be a top prospect. He is very sound defensively for a young player and moves well and can move the puck out of his own end solidly for a defensive guy. Size is average but the NHL gets a bit easier for smaller defenders who can skate over time.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Went with Hameneggo but really considered Vilen here. If Vilen had a bit more scoring pop he'd be a top prospect. He is very sound defensively for a young player and moves well and can move the puck out of his own end solidly for a defensive guy. Size is average but the NHL gets a bit easier for smaller defenders who can skate over time.
Ya, Vilen and Bardakov were the other ones I was pondering.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Tough call for me here, i think Filmon has me hyped the most but i also think he’s a top-6 or bust type of player so i think he has a smaller chance of making it than most of the guys left. Gonna wait and see how the votes shake out before i make my choice.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
should be foote, lenni is great and all but he's no AHL player yet. sure, foote's ceiling might not be high, but i think he could step into bottom 6 now

It was a toss-up for me between the two, with some outside consideration for Vilen.

I guess it depends on how you view this exercise. I personally think Foote will be a solid NHL'er starting this season - perhaps a 15-20 goal scorer as a bottom 6 player, but his upside is obviously limited.

Yes, Foote is certainly further along in his career and has a much higher probability of being in the NHL. However, I try to determine which asset I would most want if making a trade (or I guess, which one I'd be least willing to give up) when ranking prospects. Not sure how else you really compare players fresh off the draft versus those about to turn 23 at the beginning of the next season.

My3Sons

Sponsor
It was a toss-up for me between the two, with some outside consideration for Vilen.

I guess it depends on how you view this exercise. I personally think Foote will be a solid NHL'er starting this season - perhaps a 15-20 goal scorer as a bottom 6 player, but his upside is obviously limited.

Yes, Foote is certainly further along in his career and has a much higher probability of being in the NHL. However, I try to determine which asset I would most want if making a trade (or I guess, which one I'd be least willing to give up) when ranking prospects. Not sure how else you really compare players fresh off the draft versus those about to turn 23 at the beginning of the next season.
If Foote hits 20 goals in a bottom six role that would be a fantastic result and absolutely a solid NHL player in my book so long as he’s competent defensively. It sounds like the team is going to give him a full and fair chance to carve out a role this season. Hopefully he grabs it.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If Foote hits 20 goals in a bottom six role that would be a fantastic result and absolutely a solid NHL player in my book so long as he’s competent defensively. It sounds like the team is going to give him a full and fair chance to carve out a role this season. Hopefully he grabs it.

The way Fitz has pumped him up when talking about him, I'm afraid he sees Foote in a 3rd line role and will have him compete with Holtz for a spot there.

Or maybe he was just pumping him up cause he was trying to use him as a trade chip :)

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
The way Fitz has pumped him up when talking about him, I'm afraid he sees Foote in a 3rd line role and will have him compete with Holtz for a spot there.

Or maybe he was just pumping him up cause he was trying to use him as a trade chip :)
They are both slow shooters but one is a lefty and one a righty. My impression from the reporting is they expect Foote to tailor his game to a bottom six role but have not likely gone that route with Holtz. Signing Cal Foote suggests to me they hope Nolan sticks with NJ rather than using him as trade bait but we will see. If McLeod is unavailable this season a lot can change in the bottom six.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
ACFD240F-17D3-46CD-A171-6DD93113C882.gif

Who am I to fight against the tide of Lenni mania? (It’s so close I basically don’t care.)

Add Malek (the three different suggestions must really help.)

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Foote is probably a replacement level player but i don’t see much more than that and his skating worries me. And he’s a left shot left wing so it’s the fourth line or the press box this season until there are injuries. If i’m wrong about it, i’ll be happier than anyone. But for now I’m going with upside and Hameenaho.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00