Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Topias Vilen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm gonna say Casey or Gritsyuk but in a year or two one of our top prospects very well will be Daniil Orlov. He's going to be playing for Spartak Moscow in the KHL. He's only 19 so a d man in the KHL at that age is impressive. He got some games last season for Moscow too. I've seen some talk about how last year he could be a potential gem for where we got him in the 4th round.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Edwards was an excellent skater at prospect camp. I think the issue for him is going to be defining his skills. I’ve watched a fair amount of Michigan games and he does t strike me as having any singular skills that standout beyond skating. He’s ok at a bunch of stuff to my eyes but not sure it will translate
I watched a number of Michigan games just to see Luke last year and I swear Edwards had at least 2 or 3 major penalties in the games I watched lol. He delivered a massive hit against MSU (I think he may have been tossed even though it was clean). I was surprised by how sturdy his was given his size.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I would argue Blackwood completely deserved the praise and his numerous injuries are what derailed his career.

Posters were saying Ty Smith was going to be a first pair defenseman. Defensemen aren’t the easiest to judge either.

I like Casey, love Grits, and have no problem with the current order. They’ll be prospects next year, they’ll get moved up then.

I posted the old polls, if you think this wrong you should see how hilariously off the old polls are.
I think Ty Smith's deficiencies were evident very early on and many here noticed the slow footedness as soon as he was faced with real NHL speed in his first preseason.

If Casey is going to have problems it'll be related to size and handling big NHL forwards along the boards and around the net...beyond his size limitations, he has all the talent to be an NHL defender I believe.

But still 5'9 -161 lbs is limiting.

Worst case scenario for Casey is he just won't be able to handle the size and strength in the NHL and he'll be a super star in the AHL before heading to Europe. But even with that I think he's a significantly better prospect than Ty Smith.

Be nice if he could figure out a way to get another 20lbs on....not sure if it's possible on his small frame though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I would argue Blackwood completely deserved the praise and his numerous injuries are what derailed his career.

Posters were saying Ty Smith was going to be a first pair defenseman. Defensemen aren’t the easiest to judge either.

I like Casey, love Grits, and have no problem with the current order. They’ll be prospects next year, they’ll get moved up then.

I posted the old polls, if you think this wrong you should see how hilariously off the old polls are.
And while we haven’t yet reached a conclusion on Holtz, the stock on fwd prospects can drop off as well.

Obviously just one recent example, but we can point back to plenty of other fwds who have not panned out.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Wee Seamus, add Stillman
1691290075246.jpeg

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad