Akira Schmid
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires
Chase Stillman
Tyce Thompson
Topias Vilen
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I'm going to start giving my personal rankings when I vote as well up to this point.

My 3rd ranked prospect is Akira Schmid. I've been on the hype train longer than anyone else and I certainly ain't turning around now. Current rankings:

1. Luke Hughes
  2. Simon Nemec
  3. Akira Schmid
Add Bardakov. Also been hyping him up for a while as well. Said he was the 2nd best player we got out of the 2021 draft at the time of the draft and still believe that now.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Gritsyuk. It could be Schmid if I could understand something about goalie prospect.
Add Bardakov.

Gritsyuk isn't on the level of Holtz with his playmaking and shooting, but he is very good shooter and good passer still. And Arseniy is better/faster skater, more mobile with the puck/better puck handler. I think both have good nhl potential and will help to win Stanley Cup for Devils organisation. Both have issues with two way game and the one who will develop their physicality/puck battle skills/forechecking skills more, will be better overall.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Went with Schmido.

I’m interested how our resident prospect experts compare Vilen & Karpovich

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Went with Holtz as I still think he has the potential to be a really good player in the NHL, but this year is a make it or break it year for me. If he looks like he doesn't belong again this year, then I don't know if he ever will be a great player.

Schmid I feel like is the safer option. I have more confidence he will be at least a great backup in this league. I do think he has potential to be our fulltime starter.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Gritsyuk. It could be Schmid if I could understand something about goalie prospect.
Add Bardakov.

Gritsyuk isn't on the level of Holtz with his playmaking and shooting, but he is very good shooter and good passer still. And Arseniy is better/faster skater, more mobile with the puck/better puck handler. I think both have good nhl potential and will help to win Stanley Cup for Devils organisation. Both have issues with two way game and the one who will develop their physicality/puck battle skills/forechecking skills more, will be better overall.

I was between Grits and Schmido. I went with the goalie because I think he's a lock to make the team this year and play significant minutes and already has done so, and it's such a key position. Grits is going to be my vote for 4.

Reactions: Guadana and Nubmer6

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I was between Grits and Schmido. I went with the goalie because I think he's a lock to make the team this year and play significant minutes and already has done so, and it's such a key position. Grits is going to be my vote for 4.
I think its a valid argument. And if Holtz will win a roster spot in the regular basis, than I would put him above Grits even without significant results, because I don't think gap between is huge, and the for both is to win the top 9 spot for the beginning.

If not, than its a huge drop in rankings for Holtz.

In the moment with what kind of season he had and what kind if season Gritsyuk had, what kind of season Scmid had, Holtz isn't top three prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: forceten

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Tough call here for me, but if i had to bet on all of the remaining guys having impactful NHL careers, i still bet on Holtz. It’s very tight, but his AHL production carries a ton of weight for me.

I love what I’ve seen of Schmid but i don’t have a lot of confidence in goalies, Casey has a ton of promise but hasn’t played in anything like the AHL yet, and Gritsyuk is a wild card. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if Holtz ends up the worst of these 4 guys, but i see that as a compliment to the strength of the system more than anything else.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
For me it was between Casey and Grits but eventually I went with Grits cause Casey has the Devils defensive depth going against him which might make growth a bit harder for him.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Tbh Idk how Holtz is getting votes. If he wasn't drafted as high as he did people wouldn't be voting for him. I rank Casey, Grits, and Schmid over him. I also really like Filmon. If Holtz don't make the team this year he is gone.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Tbh Idk how Holtz is getting votes. If he wasn't drafted as high as he did people wouldn't be voting for him. I rank Casey, Grits, and Schmid over him. I also really like Filmon. If Holtz don't make the team this year he is gone.
If Holtz wasn’t a 1st round pick and put up 32 goals 62 points in 66 AHL games as a 20-21 year old, he might be thought of even more highly. If anything, he is currently underrated as a prospect on the board.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
He is close to be #3 in this pool. He isn't underrated.
I’m not talking about in the prospect poll, I voted for Casey over him anyway. Just the general sentiment. I get that he hasn’t put it all together yet, but it’s also way harder to crack the lineup on one of the best teams in the league vs the shit we were most of the last decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00