Akira Schmid
Artem Shlaine
Cam Squires
Chase Stillman
Tyce Thompson
Topias Vilen
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
U know, if for the #1 I could agree that there could be some discussions then here it is Gritsyuk AINEC. :sarcasm:
I made tonns of video and breakdowns of Gritsyuk. He isn’t number one or number two Devils prospect. But he is number three. And I talked about his value three(four?) years sin a row.

My number two is Luke, vote for Nemec. Add Bardakov. He is number five prospect in the moment.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I made tonns of video and breakdowns of Gritsyuk. He isn’t number one or number two Devils prospect. But he is number three. And I talked about his value three(four?) years sin a row.

My number two is Luke, vote for Nemec. Add Bardakov. He is number five prospect in the moment.
So Nemec is your #1 and Luke is #2? What makes you higher on Nemec?

Obviously, they're both outstanding and 2 of the best D prospects in the league, but I'm curious to read what puts Simon above Luke for you.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
So Nemec is your #1 and Luke is #2? What makes you higher on Nemec?

Obviously, they're both outstanding and 2 of the best D prospects in the league, but I'm curious to read what puts Simon above Luke for you.
I like two way game of Simon more, his puck battle skill more, I think both are outstanding too. I just thing Nemec will face more harder minutes in defensive zone, and will produce offense too. I believe he can easily be less productive than Luke but its not a problem for me. We Dougie he was 1ppg player, but you can easily understand why we can't name him as a perfect all situational player and why some two way defenseman could be perceived as a better defenseman. Luke is much much better skater but there are some roughness with his game. Its ok, no one is perfect. Im happy we have both, yes I still like Edvinsson little bit more, but I think both Luke and Nemec have better offensive potential and Luke has enough tools to compensate the gap, our defensive D should help to protect and offensive impact should be huge. Im glad we drafted Hughes, not Johnson or Eklund or Clarke.
Nemec should be truth elite two way defenseman with good skating, good defensive game, offensive impact and minutes eater, who should be nominated for Norris. I have questions about his gap control and ... not proactive defensive game, but he changed it. So Im a big fan of a players, who can adress their flaws.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I like two way game of Simon more, his puck battle skill more, I think both are outstanding too. I just thing Nemec will face more harder minutes in defensive zone, and will produce offense too. I believe he can easily be less productive than Luke but its not a problem for me. We Dougie he was 1ppg player, but you can easily understand why we can't name him as a perfect all situational player and why some two way defenseman could be perceived as a better defenseman. Luke is much much better skater but there are some roughness with his game. Its ok, no one is perfect. Im happy we have both, yes I still like Edvinsson little bit more, but I think both Luke and Nemec have better offensive potential and Luke has enough tools to compensate the gap, our defensive D should help to protect and offensive impact should be huge. Im glad we drafted Hughes, not Johnson or Eklund or Clarke.
Nemec should be truth elite two way defenseman with good skating, good defensive game, offensive impact and minutes eater, who should be nominated for Norris. I have questions about his gap control and ... not proactive defensive game, but he changed it. So Im a big fan of a players, who can adress their flaws.
Great post, thanks for sharing your opinion!

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Quick and dirty 15 minute tier list. Guys in the same tier I value as being in roughly the same ballpark. Obviously, some may rise or fall based on future performances.

Things I weigh, in order of most important to least important:

1.) Top end skill
2.) Consistent improvement/upward trajectory
3.) Likelihood of being an NHL regular
4.) Remaining development time/rawness
5.) Pedigree (ie, program, family, awards, etc)
6.) Age

Things I don't weigh:

-How we acquired the player
-The position they play
-Capital/assets spent on that player

S Tier
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec

A Tier
Arseni Gritsyuk
Seamus Casey
Alexander Holtz