2023 HFCBJ Bracket Challenge

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
There was a Submit button that you had to click (and check a checkbox for accepting terms or whatever). Doesn't seem like normal users can browse all the other users so can't really confirm who's in and who's not...

I guess if you click on Dashboard it will show you which leagues you are a part of. For me it lists

NHL League
baconturtle2

HFCBJ 2023
baconturtle2

So if you don't have the HDCBJ 2023 in the Dashboard list, you haven't joined.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I do have HFCBJ 2023 on my dashboard. I switched to a laptop from my phone and was able to see and click the SUBMIT button for a bracket I completed. It still doesn't show my bracket on the dashboard under the HFCBJ 2023 league. So, I guess I tried and all, lol. I'm done spending time on it. Thanks for setting up a league for us, though.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Welp, I have the Rangers and Tampa meeting in the 2nd round - will be interesting to see if they pull it out or not. Rooting for the Devils in the real world, don't really care who wins in the Tampa-Toronto series.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Welp, I have the Rangers and Tampa meeting in the 2nd round - will be interesting to see if they pull it out or not. Rooting for the Devils in the real world, don't really care who wins in the Tampa-Toronto series.
Thought I was rooting for the Rangers but gotta say Devils have impressed me. And their goalie if he isn't a flash in the pan will be a thorn in our side for a long time.

Reactions: Monk

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Thought I was rooting for the Rangers but gotta say Devils have impressed me. And their goalie if he isn't a flash in the pan will be a thorn in our side for a long time.

I sort of like the idea of them so easily attracting the "big name" guys and then going out in the first round.

Ultimately I have EDM-BOS in the final so my bracket isn't wrecked (yet).

Reactions: EspenK

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I did two brackets this year, one for here and one for r/bluejackets. My reddit one is in first place and has only gotten one thing wrong so far (number of games Carolina took to beat NYI) with 59 points. My bracket for here is… much less impressive.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I did two brackets this year, one for here and one for r/bluejackets. My reddit one is in first place and has only gotten one thing wrong so far (number of games Carolina took to beat NYI) with 59 points. My bracket for here is… much less impressive.
You gotta respect going the non-boring route and tipping the Kings and not the Bruins for the Cup. I went safe as hell most of the way through and I'm still doing very poorly. :cool:

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
20230502_072405.jpg

The standings after round one. The maximum possible points are... lower than before. Only one of the five here have tipped a Stanley Cup winner that survived the first round.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Usually I’m in these things just so no one else has to finish last. Maybe not this time.
Well, seeing how I have already locked up dead last (I have 26 points after round one and my max points is...26), I think you are safe. I picked two out of eight series right (Dallas and Canes) and had neither of those two going past the second round.

FTR, this is why I don't gamble.

• Haha
Reactions: Monk

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Well, seeing how I have already locked up dead last (I have 26 points after round one and my max points is...26), I think you are safe. I picked two out of eight series right (Dallas and Canes) and had neither of those two going past the second round.

FTR, this is why I don't gamble.

Mine's mostly wrecked as well. Only hope for me now is EDM winning the cup.

anotherlurker

Oct 31, 2022
Stupid bracket challenge, I guessed (knew) that Toronto will be eliminated at the second round but I get no points for that because of Boston >:( (I still have the thing but I messed up something, so I'm not on this list, my 36 points wouldn't carry too far anyway)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well in the past few days me prospects went from really good to struggling. I guess that's what happens when your two finals teams get bumped.

Cow and Kiwi with their Cup winner intact look like best bets, depending on how the West shakes out.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad