2023 HFCBJ Bracket Challenge

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

We did this the last few years and it was fun.

The bracket locks in 3 days. Ideally make your bracket name your HF name but do what you want.

Winner gets bragging rights and a high 5 from me, unless I win, then I make Viqsi and DSL give me one (high fiving myself would look weird)
Do you deliver this high 5?

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
This website is a tricky POS... I guess I got something through.

When I let it randomize it gave me a WPG-NYI final with NYI as Champions. Gave me a chuckle.

Do we discuss games here too or in another thread (if so I suggest something other than the Around Hockey)?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This website is a tricky POS... I guess I got something through.

When I let it randomize it gave me a WPG-NYI final with NYI as Champions. Gave me a chuckle.

Do we discuss games here too or in another thread (if so I suggest something other than the Around Hockey)?
Nah, discuss the games in Around Hockey. This is just purely to post the sign ups and for the winner to brag after winning. I guess people can update the standings or talk about their picks in here too.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I joined and made a bracket, but I can’t seem to find a way to submit the bracket to the group.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I joined and made a bracket, but I can’t seem to find a way to submit the bracket to the group.

Yeah I can't figure out how to be

A. logged in
B. viewing our group/bracket

at the same time. I can do one or the other but not both :laugh:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
My experience was that it just doesn't like the Opera browser (and I couldn't login on Opera at all, always getting the 413 Bad Headers error or so). So if you can, try another browser. Worked a bit better for me on Chrome (where I conversely never logged in to the NHL.com account, dunno if that's actually required or not, maybe it has some internal cookies/IP check or something...). So I registered for an account on Opera but never truly logged in anywhere.

I don't remember if I submitted with Opera or Chrome though, went back and forth a bit... I feel like Chrome didn't even require login and it let me submit perhaps. On Opera it allowed me to submit on the second try (hence my name there lol)... Telling sign was if it told the "you must have at least x and y done before submit" at the bottom. If it was missing then the Submit button would not materialize properly no matter what I did. Also I couldn't make the initial picks, I had to randomize, and then I was able to switch the teams if I clicked around a bit.

The "best" feature on Opera is that when you scroll down the list of participants in the league, it just hard switches to the Invite share thingie with no way to scroll back up. Have to refresh and not scroll (the join league button is somewhere up there luckily if you don't scroll down).

So yeah great website work there if this was not just my Opera acting funny. Maybe next time NHL could pay even less for their website contractor.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Has anyone else had trouble loading this site on their phone? 2 different browsers and still a no go

Reactions: Derby

anotherlurker

Oct 31, 2022
Also in, I think, probably even with two teams. Go me!

Edit: f*** that site, I'm out.

Funny fact: I once got so pissed at nhl.com that I sent them a message about it. Hope they read it and will get to working out the bugs and problems. If it ever becomes functional I like to think I made a difference.

Last edited:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I get as far as making my picks in the correct league, then… don’t know where to submit it. Does it auto submit or is there a spot to click. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00