Who should be the 4th favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
What a brain dead thought process.
Y'all lost in fewer games, despite facing a less healthy version of the same team.

Statistically, the Toronto-Tampa series was a war, and very close. The NYR series was completely lopsided.
Yes I'm sure Leafs fans are glad they lost in the first round yet again instead of going all the way to the conference finals. I'm sure people make memes about teams losing in the conference final lol, what are you even talking about man. How on Earth is losing in the 1st round better than losing in the 3rd? Do they still do SB cash bets on here? I'll bet you the Rangers will go further than the Leafs

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Yes I'm sure Leafs fans are glad they lost in the first round yet again instead of going all the way to the conference finals. I'm sure people make memes about teams losing in the conference final lol, what are you even talking about man. How on Earth is losing in the 1st round better than losing in the 3rd? Do they still do SB cash bets on here? I'll bet you the Rangers will go further than the Leafs
You are arguing against something I didn't even say

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The disadvantage in net is too glaring. If Leaf’s had average goaltending I’d vote for them.
That’s the way I see it as well. The Leafs probably have the worst goaltending of all of the contenders based on the last 3 years stats. And the Rangers and Tampa have the best. The gap in net is huge.
Having said that, I’d give the Leafs a significant edge at forward and the Rangers the edge on D as Toronto has no one close to Fox.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Have you mixed up the CF and CA.
No. I added the HDCA numbers because there is a myth that NYR were better defensively - they weren't. They just had Vezina calibre goaltending. Also, the commenter I quoted said their offences were close, but really, they weren't.

1662065511899.png

Last year the Rags showed that you don't really need to be a solid foundational team. You instead need opportunistic, timely scoring and great goaltending. This won't win you a Cup, but it will win you a couple rounds you can gloat about on HFBoards. :cheer:

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No. I added the HDCA numbers because there is a myth that NYR were better defensively - they weren't. They just had Vezina calibre goaltending. Also, the commenter I quoted said their offences were close, but really, they weren't.

View attachment 580878

Last year the Rags showed that you don't really need to be a solid foundational team. You instead need opportunistic, timely scoring and great goaltending. This won't win you a Cup, but it will win you a couple rounds you can gloat about on HFBoards.
Okay, it was just confusing with HDCF, seemed like that was a subject line for the 2 lines below that mention HDCA.

Ie
HDCF%
Followed by 2 lines talking about the opposite.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Okay, it was just confusing with HDCF, seemed like that was a subject line for the 2 lines below that mention HDCA.

Ie
HDCF%
Followed by 2 lines talking about the opposite.

Not really - HDCF% are the rankings you see. HDCA against gave the context. Without having it, saying one team was better defensively wouldn't work since you are working with rates. The cumulative stat gives you that extra piece to defend that claim. As you should know, HDCA are 1/2 of the HDCF% calculation.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What a brain dead thought process.
Y'all lost in fewer games, despite facing a less healthy version of the same team.

Statistically, the Toronto-Tampa series was a war, and very close. The NYR series was completely lopsided.
Come back when you guys win a playoff series if you want to pound your chest, guess that's what Leaf fans have going for them, "We lost better than you!!" :laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think the young Rangers guys on their ELCs are a real ace in the hole as far as depth is concerned.

Add in one of the best defencemen and best goalies in the NHL and I think the Rangers have a very solid team from front to back.

Leafs are certainly strong in certain areas but I prefer the all-around talent and emerging talent of the Rangers.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
When are you hanging your we got hammered by the team that got hammered by the Stanley Cup champions banner?
It's ok, at least we got to the ECF, while our team is still so young and the window hasn't even opened....let me know if the Leafs win a series before their window closes, or when Matthews bails on the team, whichever comes first ;)

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
But yet the Rangers will win this poll :neener:
ah-well-thats-too-bad.gif

It's ok, at least we got to the ECF, while our team is still so young and the window hasn't even opened....let me know if the Leafs win a series before their window closes, or when Matthews bails on the team, whichever comes first ;)
The value of your chirps are plummeting faster than the value of crypto a couple months ago.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Should be Oilers imo. They finally got a good goalie plus a full year of Kane. The west is much weaker than the east.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
the other team needed to injure... two goalies? and their star player to advance farther. I guess they could do that again though.
Good point.

Leafs better hope not. Placing hope on an offense having career years, sub-average defense and weak goaltending makes a team highly vulnerable to those teams unconcerned about taking a run at a star player or two.

Or, like what happened in the Habs-Leafs series...simple bad luck.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Good point.

Leafs better hope not. Placing hope on an offense having career years, sub-average defense and weak goaltending makes a team highly vulnerable to those teams unconcerned about taking a run at a star player or two.

Or, like what happened in the Habs-Leafs series...simple bad luck.
Back to 0

Attachments

• 80591869-9BF9-43E9-82EE-23B7F834EECF.jpeg
    80591869-9BF9-43E9-82EE-23B7F834EECF.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad