Prospect Info: - 2016 Habs prospects final rankings
Prospect Info: - 2015 Habs Board Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings: 1st Annual Mike Cichy Award
Prospect Info: - 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings Final Results
Prospect Info: - Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings

Last edited:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I'm going Joshua Roy just off of the body of work up to this point. But I totally understand Beck or Engstrom, since his tools don't project as well as those guys. I just think Roy has the certain IT that edges him ahead.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Picked Roy because I feel he showed me enough at the WJC that he would make an ideal 3rd line winger that can provide offense from that slot, but posseses enough skill to move higher in the line up if needed. Beck seems capped as a 3rd or 4th line center. Engstrom also has shown he is deserving consideration. Those are my next 3.

Add Bogdan

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Can't look worse than Poehling over Suzuki 5 years ago lol. At least we know Hutson has talent.
Poehling scoring the hat trick against the leafs really was the best and worst thing to happen to him. People expected way too much his ceiling was never really that of anything beyond good middle six centre. Hutson is superstar potential whether he reaches it or comes crashing down the sky is the limit. If he doesn't make it I don't think we should be embarrassed for voting him best prospect unlike that vote for Poehling

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
As much as Engstrom is the hot name right now, I’d still lean Joshua Roy. He’s the only prospect in the pool that I think has legit top 6 upside.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Can't look worse than Poehling over Suzuki 5 years ago lol. At least we know Hutson has talent.
Poehling scoring the hat trick against the leafs really was the best and worst thing to happen to him. People expected way too much his ceiling was never really that of anything beyond good middle six centre. Hutson is superstar potential whether he reaches it or comes crashing down the sky is the limit. If he doesn't make it I don't think we should be embarrassed for voting him best prospect unlike that vote for Poehling
I wasn't around these parts when Poehling was around so I am wondering what he was like prior to his NHL debut outside of just looking up his stats. Did he looking like a sure fire star or have noticeable weaknesses to his game?

My deal with Hutson and I think a lot of people is that while he looks like a superstar against his current competition its hard to tell how he will survive in the NHL.

Quinn Hughes is a smart and a magnificent skater
Spurgeon is a smart and scrappy little brother that always makes sure that he "gave as good as he got"
Fox is smart and seems to be able to see plays with a birds eye view
Hutson is smart and ????

All in all I guess I'm surprised even though Hutson was only picked with 50%, The easier safer choice wasn't picked and instead went for the more risky "Boom" or "meh" prospect.

If Hutson hits his ceiling and becomes a star in the NHL it would be impossible for anyone to deny that hockey has fundamentally changed
------------

Sidenote- I like that Beck is getting more love now.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I voted Engstrom. But I really like Roy as well and also Beck, so whoever wins I'm happy. Engstrom has a lot to be excited about in his game.

I will vote to add Trudeau. He just looks like a really solid dman to me.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
based on what?

Imo:
Farrell has better skating, vision, motor, and playmaking ability. He's more dynamic.

Roy has a better shot and is bigger. He's more of a complimentary piece on a line rather than a driver (like Farrell).

Reactions: 26Mats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad