WJC: 2023 Germany Roster Talk

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Some good performances in the tournament from our ‘04’s.

Roman Kechter, Veit Oswald and Phillip Krenning were some of the more dangerous players all tournament long. Good thing we have them returning for next year plus an influx of pretty talented ‘05’s.

We avoided relegation for one more year - but I doubt we get to play a team like Austria going forward - so there Is still the possibility for relegation moving forward.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Some good performances in the tournament from our ‘04’s.

Roman Kechter, Veit Oswald and Phillip Krenning were some of the more dangerous players all tournament long. Good thing we have them returning for next year plus an influx of pretty talented ‘05’s.

We avoided relegation for one more year - but I doubt we get to play a team like Austria going forward - so there Is still the possibility for relegation moving forward.

Losing Quapp certainly hurts, but I think we will definitly take a step forward up front with the 04 core coming back. How would expect the defense to be?

Main goal needs to be to avoid relegation again. If we can avoid relegation during "bad" years in the future, thats definitly a huge step forward.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Losing Quapp certainly hurts, but I think we will definitly take a step forward up front with the 04 core coming back. How would expect the defense to be?

Main goal needs to be to avoid relegation again. If we can avoid relegation during "bad" years in the future, thats definitly a huge step forward.
It may not have seemed like it this year - but I do like Simon Wolf and think he is a pretty good option in net. Quapp was pretty bad in the last WJC too.

As for defenders, you have Bettahar and Sinn who will return. Sinn was pretty good on the breakout and making plays in the offensive zone so he will be big for next year, especially on the PP. Battahar will be a good imposing physical defender.

As for other guys

Leo Hafenrichter is a guy that was well-regarded at one point in time. Defensive guy - don't expect much offence.

Edwin Tropmann is probably the top '05 skater for next year, offensive guy that can skate and plays with an edge. I expect him to make the team and possibly make waves.

Paul Mayer is the '05's version of Glotzl, but better offensive instincs. He is big, can skate and has most things NHL teams look for in defenders.

Niklas Hubner could get the call - been a regular for Germany's international teams, not much offence, however

Other names that could get the call:
Jakob Weber
Norwin Panoccha
Lua Niehus
Mason Sturm
Jesse Kauhanen
Marlon Braun
Max Merkl ('06) I doubt this one but i'm optimistic

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Maybe this team is better than what I gave them credit for so far. They had a close game against Sweden and got blown out by Czechia and Canada who might look like the 2 best teams in the tournament so far though. And they did beat Austria fairly comfortable even though they got somewhat complacent in the end.
Lots of people on here called them the 2nd worse team of the tournament, but I dont think Latvia is a better team and I wouldn't be suprised if they could play with the Swiss team as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad