NFL: 2023 Free Agent Frenzy

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
The Cowboys offseason has been great until you remember Mike McCarthy wants to double down on running the ball and adding play calling to his responsibilities, when he already has a tendency to bungle game management stuff.
Ehh, a lot of fans hate on McCarthy, but I don’t. He’s had a really successful career and has done a really solid job as coach of the Cowboys despite the adversity they’ve faced.

I was over Moore since mid-last season, so I’m excited for some different playcalling. Derek Carr‘s brother reviewed the film from the Cowboys playoff game and tore apart Moore cause the Cowboys weren’t even running routes past the first down marker. There’s an old clip of Cooper complaining that the Cowboys were only running hitch routes and the opponent was sitting on them, and Dak changed the play and threw a 60+ yard touchdown.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
96638072-F53E-401C-8B62-D31828B2C069.png

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This Lamar story is something else.
He should have had this battle in 2021 not in 2023. In 2021, he's a year removed from MVP level play. In 2023, he's now 3 years removed from that MVP play plus he's been injured the past 2 seasons.

But, really, in 2021 after Allen got paid, Jackson should have finalized his deal within 2 weeks of that. But, clearly something is causing a deal to NOT be completed, even before the Watson contract. Not sure what that is. But, it's clearly prevented a deal to be signed over 2 years. Logically, it shouldn't have been that difficult to get a deal done after Allen signed or even Mahomes and the Watson extension from the Texans as your baselines for a contract.

I think if you are another team, your concern would have to be not being able to have Jackson work with the team in 2 years or so when the team would need to work with him to restructure his contract to free up cap space. If it's that hard to get a deal done now, what are you going to have to do to get him to restructure his deal when you compare it to Cousins who ended up with additional years added onto his deal to lower the cap hit for the season. Cousins was due to count $45 mill last year but added another year and got more money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad