NFL: 2023 Free Agent Frenzy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A lot of nuggets in that piece.

For the Vikings they speculate about a Cousins trade. Specifically if the Jets miss out on Rodgers and need to turn elsewhere for a vet. It's pure speculation and I'd guess highly unlikely but I'll keep my fingers crossed regardless.

Article also says they've had trade talks centered around Cook. Obviously, you make that trade immediately if a team is willing to give up a pick, any pick, for Cook. I don't like potentially re-signing Mattison but at least he'll be cheaper.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Most potential trade rumours are about money. Either the team wishes to unload the player because they don’t want to pay the player as Cook is due $11 mill cash but Carries a $6 mill dead cap.
Ramsey it has been rumoured that he could be moved but the caveat is that he wants a new contract which hurt the return. If a team is just taking the current contract they’d get more.

Not sure how minny gets away from Cousins with $48 mill per spotrac as a dead cap charge. I guess it would be a $28 mill dead cap if he is dealt as that $20 mill roster bonus could go to another team. Guess that depends on when that payment is due and whether Minny has paid it already.

Teams have to be under the cap by the start of the league year so there’s going to be moves made.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
FA starts tomorrow but it also means the months long Aaron Rodgers saga is almost completed

odds are he goes to Jets or even retires, but his time in GB is done

Reactions: Mrfenn92

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't know if I'd even bring him in to compete for the back-up job.

He has been terrible with the Browns, Panthers, and Rams now. Excuses made for him at every stop but terrible nonetheless.
With his ego and personality I don’t see him being helpful to Trask should baker not win the job. Guess you say the same for Cam the past couple of seasons. Same as wentz now.

Reactions: Avs_19

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would bring in Mayfield or another QB to be #2 and give Trask his shot

You spent a 2nd on him and should see what he brings to table and figure out if you need to move on from him at 2024 NFL Draft
I probably lump Baker, Cam, Wentz into the same category of maybe being too big of a former starter to be a backup. Wentz and Baker for their age, and Cam for his high of making a SB and league MVP.

Not sure you get the support or mentoring from them that you would in a lesser Vet QB like Dalton, Bridgewater, Taylor, etc. takes a certain attitude to accept the backup role and doing whatever it takes to help the starter win games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad