DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
hasil-drawing-fiba-world-cup-2023-spanyol-dan-prancis-main-di-indonesia-oln.jpg

Reactions: Jack Straw

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Canada destroyed France and this is without Murray and Wiggins, Boucher, Methurin…. The next decade+ will belong to USA-Canada. I smell the rivalry building already.

I expect them to blow out Lebanon on Sunday, and make quick work of Latvia on Tuesday.

SGA is a superstar. If OKC can build it up right, they will be contending sooner than later, and with all those draft picks.. Wowsers

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Our lack of a quality point guard really showed against Australia. Miro Little is still too...little, at 19. Hopefully he develops into one in the NCAA.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Canada destroyed France and this is without Murray and Wiggins, Boucher, Methurin…. The next decade+ will belong to USA-Canada. I smell the rivalry building already.

I expect them to blow out Lebanon on Sunday, and make quick work of Latvia on Tuesday.

SGA is a superstar. If OKC can build it up right, they will be contending sooner than later, and with all those draft picks.. Wowsers
France played without Wembanyama who is even at the age of 19 miles ahead of those players you mentioned.

Next decade will belong to USA like always, but Spain and France have incredible prospects brewing that are miles ahead Canadian ones. SGA is no do doubt a superstar and amazing player but that's about it.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Latvia eliminates France from the tournament with a 88-86 win

Canada has advanced to the next round

Last edited:

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
France played without Wembanyama who is even at the age of 19 miles ahead of those players you mentioned.

Next decade will belong to USA like always, but Spain and France have incredible prospects brewing that are miles ahead Canadian ones. SGA is no do doubt a superstar and amazing player but that's about it.
Relax…. Wemby got posterized in summer league. I think you’re completely disrespecting Canadian basketball with this dribble you’re typing. Shai is a super star in the NBA already put some respect on his name

Relax…. Wemby got posterized in summer league. I think you’re completely disrespecting Canadian basketball with this dribble you’re typing. Shai is a super star in the NBA already put some respect on his name
If France has all these hyped up prospects where are they? Getting destroyed by 30 you’d think the team could’ve used them

I didn’t mean to quote myself lol

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019

If France has all these hyped up prospects where are they? Getting destroyed by 30 you’d think the team could’ve used them

I didn't mean to disrespect Canadian basketball, it's obviously great. Lot of good players but saying that next decade is US-Canada is something i'd doubt very highly.

They are in the pipeline, just like Spanish prospects that are destroying competition in under 20 level at the world championships. Today Canada is better, but you were the one talking about decade and Europe is getting better and better, even the best players today in the NBA are European. There are guys like Wemby, Buzelis and Mara who are taking over after Jokic and Giannis.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Canada though will have to at least get to the semi’s to qualify for the Olympics

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
No Argentina is weird. Then again, they’ve been lacking NBA talent since Ginobili and he’s been retired for years. I guess Argentinean kids just want to be like Messi.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
After a dicey first half, Canada beats Latvia by 26. 3-0 and a point differential of +111. Exactly what they needed to do. Tougher matchups with Spain and Brazil coming, but having that 3-0 and huge differential coming in could be big.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

I guess he didn't watch JM in the NBA finals.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Canada loses to Brazil and only a combined 9 points from Barrett, Brooks and Alexander-Walker. Now it is must win game against Spain or they won't advance.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tough loss. Rough second half to watch...

Must win now against Spain. Winner advances to the QF.

If Canada plays like they can, then they should win. Play like today and they are likely going home.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So what the deal with Jamal Murray not playing? Didn't he travel with the team with the intention to play on this tournament?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad