Prospect Info: 2023 draft opinions

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It's a fair criticism you guys are giving to Muck, but he's also completely right. Everything this early is complete speculation, and isn't really worth most people's time. If you enjoy the waste of time, that's cool. I enjoy video games, and they're a complete waste of time, too.

I guess this is my point. When you are drafting 18 year olds, unless they are "sure fire" prospects, speculating is essentially meaningless. What do any of us really know about these kids other than what we see in You Tube highlight clips and scouting reports? Not much. I like to let the draft get in our rearview mirror a couple of years before I try to grade a draft. Let's see how they perform in their D+1 and D+2 seasons before we say "good draft" or "bad draft". Everyone is free to do what they want, but this is just my opinion.

Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i applaud and share baghead's passion for wild hockey. i'd follow the wild even if they went 0-82! i'd probably be on a bridge ready to jump. as for the draft i still feel wild mgmt made the wrong choice with the #21 pick. my best guess is AZ was making a run on big players and the wild felt we didn't have a large C in our pool so they panic reached. i wish every wild prospect the best and i hope stramel will turn out as good as JEE but i won't hold my breath. cheers

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't know. I don't really see it as anything different than having an opinion about a loss in game 12 of the regular season, without knowing if that loss is going to keep you out of the playoffs, or the #1 seed, or whatever.

I can feel iffy about the Stramel pick today, and then feel much better about it 9 months from now if he puts up 50 points at Wisconsin this year. I really don't think that is unfair to anybody at all.

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't know. I don't really see it as anything different than having an opinion about a loss in game 12 of the regular season, without knowing if that loss is going to keep you out of the playoffs, or the #1 seed, or whatever.

I can feel iffy about the Stramel pick today, and then feel much better about it 9 months from now if he puts up 50 points at Wisconsin this year. I really don't think that is unfair to anybody at all.
I would equate it to we lost game 12 of the season and because of that saying we had/are having a bad season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
i applaud and share baghead's passion for wild hockey. i'd follow the wild even if they went 0-82! i'd probably be on a bridge ready to jump. as for the draft i still feel wild mgmt made the wrong choice with the #21 pick. my best guess is AZ was making a run on big players and the wild felt we didn't have a large C in our pool so they panic reached. i wish every wild prospect the best and i hope stramel will turn out as good as JEE but i won't hold my breath. cheers

I'd probably lose interest after an 0-7 start. Then get interested again with about 7 games left in the season, just to see if they could pull losing every game in regulation.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I just want to make it clear, I was joking. If the Wild did that, I'd stop watching and not lose sleep. I find them entertaining right now, so I watch them, read about them, and post about them. But mark my words, if they turn into the 1992-93 Senators, I'm out until the draft.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i wear a wild cap almost year round (for the last 20 years) i was wearing a wild sweat shirt pre logo prior to them playing game one. of coarse i'd rip & bash mgmt & ownership if the club was a bottom feeder but i'd still follow. im just a fair weather twins & vikes fan.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I would equate it to we lost game 12 of the season and because of that saying we had/are having a bad season.
Both situations are a commentary on how you think things will go. It's called a prediction. Nothing wrong with trying to predict things. You're either proven right or wrong over time.

I just want to make it clear, I was joking. If the Wild did that, I'd stop watching and not lose sleep. I find them entertaining right now, so I watch them, read about them, and post about them. But mark my words, if they turn into the 1992-93 Senators, I'm out until the draft.
I'd still watch.... I'd likely not be very happy with management or the coaching staff or the players, but hockey is still fun to watch.... even if it's only the opposition making all the cool stuff happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad