2023 Dallas Stars Playoffs Discussion | Round 1 vs. Minnesota Wild | DAL Wins 4-2

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Maybe. He's still made a great living, and people in Sweden aren't wired quite like us. He's made enough to live like a king in Sweden.

I don't think its just the money though. He could've spend his whole NHL career with the Stars . He signs that , most likely , retirement deal with the Stars he spend his whole career here with the same core group he already spend many years with. Doesn't need to sell his house , can send his kid to school here with the kids of other Stars players etc etc. .

Now he probably spends the rest of his career as a journeyman . I don't think he gets offered another long term contract

He gave up long term security in an environment he was comfortable in for the hope of a bigger payday that never came .

Reactions: The Tourist

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Dallas and Edmonton are the two biggest threats.

The East is wide open.
Before the playoffs started i thought stars had a decent chance at the west but very little chance at the cup . The way the team has played this series and how human Boston has been looking has me thinking they could actually win it . Once the stars got there second win you knew that was it for Minnesota . Feels alot like the bubble year how the team is coming together , except this team is way better offensively and much better coached .

Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
We will need more 5 on 5 offensive production from the blue line next round.

Only Heiskanen and Suter had multiple points in round 1 and 5 of Heiskanens 6 points came on the power play.

3 defenders had 0.

Defended well as the series progressed, but still...need to contribute more on offense especially even strength

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Harley can put up some points ( he was involved in several of the goals last night just didn't get a point ) but the other 3 seems pretty unlikely there will be much offensive output.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kind of an interesting state mentioned by the TBS crew during the handshake line ( dunno if true ). Since moving to Texas Stars are the second best team in Game 6 roadgames . Eliminated their opponent 11 times in game 6 in the other teams barn . Only Wings have done it more.

Also someone needs to update the title now that the series is over.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

Only Heiskanen and Suter had multiple points in round 1 and 5 of Heiskanens 6 points came on the power play.

3 defenders had 0.

Defended well as the series progressed, but still...need to contribute more on offense especially even strength
Jani and Esa just need more empty net opportunities and they’ll rack up points.

Seriously though, MN was a good defensive team. I think our 5on5 production improves next series. They will probably need to cause you can’t count on on the PP converting at the rate it’s been going so far.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

3 defenders had 0.

They will get the goals . Most of there goals are ppg because they’re given the power plays and they score on them . I’d be more concerned if we weren’t scoring on the pp.

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Surprised they haven’t announced when game 1 would be

They don't know where it would be yet. They'll announce it once its clear if its in Denver or in Dallas

Denver Nuggets are still playing in the NBA playoffs ( and are one of the favorites ) so i assume it changes quite a bit depending who wins game 7

Last edited:
Reactions: MBTendy and LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
DeBoer mentioned second round could start as early as Tuesday in his press availability yesterday.

By the way Harley also had one and i just noticed how buff the guy now is.

Reactions: MBTendy

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
This feels the logical schedule

Tuesday
Toronto v Boston/Florida
Vegas v Oilers

Wednesday
Carolina v NJ/NYR
Dallas v Col/Seattle

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
There's no potential conflict with the Nuggets until next Tuesday (the 9th), so the league can start our Round 2 whenever they want. My prediction is Wednesday so they can give the Tues/Thurs/Sat slot to the bigger ratings draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad