Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm willing to bet it's probably not Vincent at this point. You would think that if he was their choice they would have hired him by now. The question is who is it?
I hope for his sake it's not Vincent at this point. The org will never shake the idea that he was a fallback candidate, no matter how clear their messaging and how much they contend that's not how the search played out.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Matt Barnes and DSL making the same point. I don't disagree with Hedger's reply. though. The team should announce when it's ready to announce. But the attention deficit of the local media is a real thing.
"We need clicks damnit!"

I almost feel like that's why Portzline suggests guys like Smith, clicks and he just goes off what other talking heads are saying. I'm sure we'll see Portzline following suit now that others are saying Carlsson should go 3.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I just can’t see Roy coming here and not getting front office power. And jarmo isn’t giving that up. It’s hard to look past Roy’s comments he’s made in the past about needing to be able to have personnel power and think he’s gonna change that for the blue jackets job.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I just can’t see Roy coming here and not getting front office power. And jarmo isn’t giving that up. It’s hard to look past Roy’s comments he’s made in the past about needing to be able to have personnel power and think he’s gonna change that for the blue jackets job.
I don't think he wouldn't have any power, it seems like a lot of the decisions they make generally seem to be the result of a group decision. Like in the behind the line video it seemed much more like it was a group decision to send Sillinger down. And coaches do get some say in FA/Trades.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
How do they not have a coach yet, why is it taking so long.

I don't think Hynes would be the best choice.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
How do they not have a coach yet, why is it taking so long.

I don't think Hynes would be the best choice.
I mean.. it could be worse, Anaheim apparently is in absolutely no rush and might not even have one by the draft.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
9. Coaching stuff: Peter Laviolette was not in Manhattan earlier this week, but I believe he’s there now. 

10. Pascal Vincent, waiting on Columbus, will apparently interview in Calgary. I’d expect the Flames to cut down their coaching candidate list next week.

Reactions: CBJx614

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I mean.. it could be worse, Anaheim apparently is in absolutely no rush and might not even have one by the draft.
I guess, but they are in the same boat, the Caps have their guy now, so it's time for them and the Ducks.

To add about what I said before, Kek better get this coaching hire right, cause his job's on the line too, unless maybe the holdup is that ownership is considering canning Kek since he's been through a few coaches now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I guess, but they are in the same boat, the Caps have their guy now, so it's time for them and the Ducks.

To add about what I said before, Kek better get this coaching hire right, cause his job's on the line too, unless maybe the holdup is that ownership is considering canning Kek since he's been through a few coaches now.
They aren't firing Jarmo in the middle of the rebuild less than a month away from the draft. It's likely they are waiting for coaches to make their decisions as well. Nashville and NYs shakeup possibly caused delays as well as others have said.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
They aren't firing Jarmo in the middle of the rebuild less than a month away from the draft. It's likely they are waiting for coaches to make their decisions as well. Nashville and NYs shakeup possibly caused delays as well as others have said.
Well he's been the GM for a decade now so he's had plenty of time to turn things around, and had plenty of coaches that haven't really worked, so he's really on his last legs if you ask me, most GM's get 5 years max to turn it around.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Check back early next week .. my guess , Jarmo being over deliberate wiffs on Brunette which we already know , and the Rangers snag Roy … it will be Vincent by default .. imagine hiring your assistant head coach , from a team that finished 2nd to last …. Jarmo is a great scout .. losing faith in him as a gm

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Well he's been the GM for a decade now so he's had plenty of time to turn things around, and had plenty of coaches that haven't really worked, so he's really on his last legs if you ask me, most GM's get 5 years max to turn it around.
Jarmo and JD have spent the last two seasons saying we're retooling/rebuilding/whatever you want to call it, you don't do that without ownership approval. They expected the last two years to be somewhat rough. Moving forward however, lottery finishes should unacceptable.

I think we're gonna see a big move or two this offseason honestly.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
But if Kek is going to keep hiring and firing coaches, I don't think ownership will have the patience for paying all these coaches money for not being employed by them.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Team is pretty much done rebuilding anyway.

Uh, they're coming off of the worst defensive season in franchise history, traded away their top goalie of the season and a top 4 Dman, and the defense looks like it'll be a disaster again. And the team currently has no top 6 centers.

Long way to go.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Uh, they're coming off of the worst defensive season in franchise history, traded away their top goalie of the season and a top 4 Dman, and the defense looks like it'll be a disaster again. And the team currently has no top 6 centers.

Long way to go.
Well this past season can be at least partly explained by all the injuries they had, Merz didn't have a great season, but he's still seen as better than Korp, his countrymate dying may have affected him, anyway they kinda had to be sellers at the deadline, Gav was ok to deal, Ros is a potential top 6, so are Johnson and Jenner.

After the upcoming draft the "rebuild" should be over, let's hope it's a good one.

I really wanted to see them get the #1 pick more then the other 2 teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad