Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I assumed Perreault would go back as he needs to bulk up. There were rumors saying Smith would turn pro right after their season ended but it didn't sound like a good idea. I said last summer that Cooley should have stayed one more year to bulk up more. Not a big fan of kids going to the NCAA for 1 year and turning pro.
cooley did fine in his d+2 season. its obvious that 5v5, he needed the extra strength. as for perreault and smith, i agree. They aren't physically ready and there's no rush. one's team is the worst in the league and the other is the presidents trophy winner. Honestly, it would've made more sense for Leonard to go pro but i guess that isnt happening

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dangerous decision. Hughes was lucky to see him still available in the 3rd round. 4 or 5 other goalies have been drafted ahead of him.
Then he wasn’t lucky, his talent evaluation is maybe just better then the ones who picked the other goalies.

Fowler has been passed over and over his entire life, it took our scouts to spot the specialness of this player.

So out of this draft, we got Reinbacher, Newhook, Xhekaj and Fowler…….great haul if you ask me!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I assumed Perreault would go back as he needs to bulk up. There were rumors saying Smith would turn pro right after their season ended but it didn't sound like a good idea. I said last summer that Cooley should have stayed one more year to bulk up more. Not a big fan of kids going to the NCAA for 1 year and turning pro.
If the NCAA isn't going to allow players to sign an NHL contract they should leave after one year

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Luckily he also has the good numbers to go with the wins... Unlike Fucale.
But he doesn't have the TSN cheering section Fucale had. They pushed Dvorak, too. MB made some good moves but someone should have told him not to watch dumb sports TV.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That's a positive sign, though it doesn't mean he's actually 6'2. BU's website lists Hutson as 5'10. But we're not sure that's in fact his height.
Probably means Demko isn’t really 6’4

I don’t mind Fowler’s size because of what’s between his ears.

If he can shred down to 195 for endurance purposes, he’s gonna be one special goalie.

Between he, Volokhin, Dobes and Primeau, the future is bright between the pipes.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Probably means Demko isn’t really 6’4

I don’t mind Fowler’s size because of what’s between his ears.

If he can shred down to 195 for endurance purposes, he’s gonna be one special goalie.

Between he, Volokhin, Dobes and Primeau, the future is bright between the pipes.
We just need one of them to pop.

• Love
Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just saw where BC is losing Leddy to transfer portal, sounds like he's going to the ECAC. They have 2 Seniors on D as well so the D will be interesting next since half of them will b gone. They led the entire NCAA in shot blocks and were among the best teams in GA as well.

I also saw where Smith is still undecided, it sounds like the Sharks really want him to turn pro but he wants to return.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad