Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
I'm not interested in signing him this year. Let him play on less competitive team next year and get more experience. I like Fowler but we have seen goalies have excellent seasons in the NCAA and struggle at the next level. I dont want to see a crowded net in Laval as I don't think that helps Dobes or Fowler.
FYI-Dobes has a 921% in his last 5 games. He's really making solid progress this year.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
And Dobes just doesn't exist anymore? McGuire is such a peahead

McGuire does not have the aptitude to justify his platform. He is an absolute buffoon as an analyst but is well connected on the fringes at many levels and would be good for some stories if he wasn't such a beta who is kept out of the inner circles where the real stories happen.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
You have to think out of all of these goaltenders, one will emerge as a number 1.

I think it was the intent behind drafting so many goalies last year. Let them cook while Monty is #1 and we should have a homegrown #1 by the time we contend.

Have to say that it’s hard not to see Fowler there, his mental game looks tailored to play in MTL.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You have to think out of all of these goaltenders, one will emerge as a number 1.
This was a while ago when I looked, but back when the flyers were pretty much great everywhere but in goal I looked through their drafting history for the previous 10 years. They had drafted over 1.5 goalies per season for that duration and the best they got were goalies that had a small period of time where they were good as a 1B, but they never had that 1A, so that 1B had to be a number 1 and sucked.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Shaping up as an outrageous steal where we got him. One of the top steals of the draft. How could he drop that far? Worries about conditioning?
Some of it was size, he was around 6ft1, plus not a great natural athlete. Some teams won't even look at goalies under 6ft4 anymore, they all want athletic freaks.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Love this kid. He craves the spotlight and pressure and thrives in it. He’s a sleeper pick for best prospect Habs have IMO. Rarely gets the fan fare of other prospects but just keeps winning and dominating.

Can’t wait to see what he does in AHL and NHL. He’s gonna be a good one!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He’s already have a title bigger then a normal scout
That was the promo require to poach him from
Fla - from scout to Director.

Does someone offer up Dir of Amateur or Pro Scouting role which would be next step up the org chart?

Love this kid. He craves the spotlight and pressure and thrives in it. He’s a sleeper pick for best prospect Habs have IMO. Rarely gets the fan fare of other prospects but just keeps winning and dominating.

Can’t wait to see what he does in AHL and NHL. He’s gonna be a good one!
He’s also got the chubby / non athletic build of Brodeur vs Price…. the every man Goalie

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That was the promo require to poach him from
Fla - from scout to Director.

Does someone offer up Dir of Amateur or Pro Scouting role which would be next step up the org chart?

He’s also got the chubby / non athletic build of Brodeur vs Price…. the every man Goalie
Same as me. lol. No wonder I have a soft spot for him.

Last edited:

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
wonder when Billy Ryan gets promoted to avoid being poached…. shrewd poaching from Fla org by Gorton
I wonder why Billy Ryan left FLR and what connection he might have with Hughes and Gorton. He's from Massachusetts so likely more of a Gorton connection.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I wonder why Billy Ryan left FLR and what connection he might have with Hughes and Gorton. He's from Massachusetts so likely more of a Gorton connection.
Ryan was promoted from Amateur Scout in Fla, to Dir of player evaluation w Habs.

Agree - there’s undoubtedly a Mass connection with Gorton

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Drafted in the 3rd round by the Rangers in 2004 after 4 years at the University of Maine.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
And Dobes just doesn't exist anymore? McGuire is such a peahead

Dunno about Dobes. He may end up as one of those solid goalies who ends up succeeding outside of MTL, a la Vokoun and Halak.

Shaping up as an outrageous steal where we got him. One of the top steals of the draft. How could he drop that far? Worries about conditioning?

Yeah he was listed as 6'1" and regarded as soft in the middle. Now I saw somewhere he's at 6'2" and he dropped like 15lbs. He's in fighting shape.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
2.14 GAA, .926 SV Pct

32W- 5L- 1T

Hockey East Goalie of the Year

Richter Award Finalist (TBD)

World Junior Gold

Frozen Four Finals

Absolute Monster and Ice Cold Dude

1712921525326.png

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
We often talk about trying to find players that are made to play in the Montreal market like Slafkovsky, well Fowler is tailor-made for the crazy Montreal Canadiens market. This guy is as cool and calm as they get, but he also looks absolutely stoked to play in a crazy market like this. He embraces it with open arms actually. He is another very important block in our rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad