Value of: What’s Brady Skjei gonna get??

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
With all the talk (over the last year) about moving Pesce and how he was gonna cash-in on his new contract this summer, looks like it’s turning out Brady Skjei is the Carolina Dman who’s gonna be getting paid the bag of money this summer.

Already banking $5.2, what does he get on the open market? Does he get $6.5 x 5 at 30 years old? Couldn’t be more, could it?

Think it’s a good bet, we may have a few Dmen in this year’s crop of UFAs who may have their negotiating rights traded prior to July 1. Montour, Roy, Skjei, and maybe a couple of others. Especially if a team will be targeting 2 UFA dmen this July.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With all the talk (over the last year) about moving Pesce and how he was gonna cash-in on his new contract this summer, looks like it’s turning out Brady Skjei is the Carolina Dman who’s gonna be getting paid the bag of money this summer.

Already banking $5.2, what does he get on the open market? Does he get $6.5 x 5 at 30 years old? Couldn’t be more, could it?

Think it’s a good bet, we may have a few Dmen in this year’s crop of UFAs who may have their negotiating rights traded prior to July 1. Montour, Roy, Skjei, and maybe a couple of others. Especially if a team will be targeting 2 UFA dmen this July.
That's a good team but they need goaltending. If they had decent netminding I think they would have beat the Rangers.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Brady Skjei is the original K'Andre Miller. Everything about him screams franchise defenseman. But if you actually pay him like a franchise defenseman without someone else who plays like one, you're gonna have a problem.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Severson deal if he wants it as a baseline I expect
Pretty sure Carolina will let him walk, so he's not getting the 8 years unless some team wants to trade for him in a sign and trade to give him that 8th year.

Pesce, I wonder what Carolina will do. If they are not going to give him the 8th year then he'll be the top RHD in the market in free agency.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I would also say the Leafs are going to be in on most defenseman but likely 6-6.25M x5 years is what they could/should/would offer him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad