Euro Hockey Tour: 2023-24 season

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Finally we have a proper coach and the game is watchable again (sorrry Kari, had to :D) ...

Under Rulik we are gonna smash Prague with gold and 47:9 overall score

No take this as a joke. Of course EHT has a very little value, but still a nice win.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finally we have a proper coach and the game is watchable again (sorrry Kari, had to :D) ...

Under Rulik we are gonna smash Prague with gold and 47:9 overall score

No take this as a joke. Of course EHT has a very little value, but still a nice win.
It was the style of play that I liked. Means nothing. But it was attractive hockey.

I finished it last night and was laughing at stransky and Spacek... They were getting so many chances and just couldn't finish it. Stransky has a curse on him with that jersey on.

Then I watched zadina and hertl but a nail in my oilers season

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Dahlen and Petersson is out, Hallam have called in oscarson and marmelind. Hallam sure love grinders

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Dahlen and Petersson is out, Hallam have called in oscarson and marmelind. Hallam sure love grinders
Any info about Söderström? Did he get injured in CZE game or did he rest today to play tomorrow against Finns?

E: He was left for hotel apparently. We will see if he is healthy tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bijelo

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs up 3-0 amd shots are 7-0! Nevermind, first shot went in.lol

3-1 Czechs over Finland

FTR.. we could win 25-0 and I'd still be mad about the U17 and being scored on with 1 second left.lol

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Why is Taponen even in net for Finland? He has 89.4 SV% in Liiga this season. That's not very good. They couldn't get some other goaltender?

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Not that much intriguing to me.. I love Seklaks game. Curious about Tichachek. Hope Jasek has a good showing and looking forward to seeing a bit of Kubik. He seems intriguing.

Reactions: Bijelo

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Don't think Taponen is much to blame for the goals, but he failed to make big saves, unlike Heljanko on Thursday.

Probably got selected more due to his performance last season than this one. You can argue he was the best Finnish goalie in Liiga regular season last year, playoffs included Heljanko was better though.

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Jalonen is not a winning coach anymore. It's a good thing that this is his final season as Finland's head coach. Finnish hockey needs some new blood and not rely on Jalonen all the time. I'm looking forward to seeing what Antti Pennanen can do next season.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I was mocking Stransky for never scoring for us.. he may have been the MVP here.lol

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
3 and 0
Outscored 13 to 5

Great tourney.

Means NOTHING and I'm aware of that but it's nice to see nice hockey.

I also really like Pavelec is goalie coach. He was part of that 'f*** over NHL goalie' generation of Czech hockey. He seems to get it. Trying out guys that may make the NHL one day was great.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
br0nze in 2022 with jalonen
Irrelevant. Only got bronze because Pastrnak and others joined during the tournament so in the end the roster was good. Before Pastrnak joined the team played awful, ugly, defensive Kari-hockey and lost against Austria (!) fir the first time in history. I am do glad he is gone. He was a nice man, came across as a gentleman, but made puzzling roaster decisions (all of which turned out as disastrous as Czech fans predicted when the roster was announced) and played ugly, defensive hockey that simply does not suit the Czech team at all. I don’t know any Czech fans who disliked Kari as a person - he always came across like a nice guy. But I also don’t know any Czech fan who didn’t want him gone.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
A typical swedish squad, applicable almost always/anytime :

Petterson - Petersson- Pehrsson
Peterson - Persson - Lundholm
Pehrson - Lindquist - Lindholm
Lindh - Holm - Pettersohn

Gustafsson - Holmlund
Linde - Lundholm
Holmquist - Lind
Gustafson - Lundkvist