ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Tournaments
Finland November 9-12
Switzerland December 14-17
Sweden February 8-11
Czechia May 2-5

Kind of strange that Czechia has a tournament just before Worlds which are also there. I could have understood Swedish and Czech tourneys to be swapped.

Finnish team for home tournament:

Goaltenders:
30 Heljanko Christian, Tappara Tampere
31 Taponen Roope, HIFK Helsinki

Defensemen:
2 Laaksonen Oskari, Luleå HF, SHL
3 Friman Niklas, Ilves Tampere
18 Saarijärvi Vili, SCL Tigers, NLA
22 Mattila Jesper, KalPa Kuopio
28 Leskinen Otto, Tappara Tampere
33 Vittasmäki Veli-Matti, Tappara Tampere
40 Lindbohm Petteri, HIFK Helsinki
50 Riikola Juuso, SCL Tigers, NLA
52 Seppälä Mikael, HV71, SHL
80 Niku Sami, JYP Jyväskylä

Forwards:
10 Vesalainen Kristian, HIFK Helsinki
19 Borgström Henrik, HV71, SHL
20 Turkulainen Jerry, JYP Jyväskylä
23 Huuhtanen Niko, Jukurit Mikkeli
24 Björninen Hannes, Örebro HK, SHL
25 Ikonen Joona, Ilves Tampere
27 Kuokkanen Janne, Malmö Redhawks, SHL
29 Oksanen Ahti, IK Oskarshamn, SHL
37 Erholtz Eemil, Ässät Pori
39 Repo Sebastian, Lukko Rauma
41 Koivunen Ville, Kärpät Oulu
51 Jääskä Juha, HIFK Helsinki
62 Mattila Julius, Lukko Rauma
74 Suomela Antti, Lausanne HC, NL
76 Levtchi Anton, Tappara Tampere

Reactions: Czechboy

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Kind of strange that Czechia has a tournament just before Worlds which are also there. I could have understood Swedish and Czech tourneys to be swapped.
I think that's intentionally, most of the teams will use the tournament as a preparation and will probably be glad that no long journey to the world cup will be necessary afterwards

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Swedish team for Karjala:

Goaltenders
30. Linus Söderström
35. Carl Lindbom

Defensemen
5. Oscar Fantenberg
6. Carl Dahlström
8. Petter Granberg
33. Niklas Hansson
38. Olle Alsing
54. Anton Lindholm
72. Tim Heed
94. Joel Persson

Forwards
11. Joakim Nygård
12. Max Friberg
20. André Petersson
24. Oscar Lindberg
28. Anton Bengtsson
29. Mario Kempe
44. Victor Ejdsell
59. Linus Johansson
70. Dennis Rasmussen
76. Jonathan Dahlén
81. Marcus Sylvegård
82. Jesper Frödén
89. Patrik Karlkvist

Only exciting names are Lindbom & M.Sylvegård. Pretty boring roster aside from them.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swedish team for Karjala:

Goaltenders
30. Linus Söderström
35. Carl Lindbom

Defensemen
5. Oscar Fantenberg
6. Carl Dahlström
8. Petter Granberg
33. Niklas Hansson
38. Olle Alsing
54. Anton Lindholm
72. Tim Heed
94. Joel Persson

Forwards
11. Joakim Nygård
12. Max Friberg
20. André Petersson
24. Oscar Lindberg
28. Anton Bengtsson
29. Mario Kempe
44. Victor Ejdsell
59. Linus Johansson
70. Dennis Rasmussen
76. Jonathan Dahlén
81. Marcus Sylvegård
82. Jesper Frödén
89. Patrik Karlkvist

Only exciting names are Lindbom & M.Sylvegård. Pretty boring roster aside from them.
Rasmussen. Wtf lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Not saying a Gold contender but I like a lot of names on here... Galvas, Frk and Tichachek are guys I've wanted to see tried out. Same with Jasek.

D looks solid for us. Happy to see Masin still kicking around.

I do have to laugh as I make fun of the Czechs for always putting NHLers on the bench. Well, Plekanec retired last week and is now the Assistant Coach of the NT.lol

Reactions: martygod12

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Never had much interest in the EHT, but I must say, the Euro Hockey tournament in the past couple of years has been quite intriguing. :thumbu:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
, the Euro Hockey tournament in the past couple of years has been quite intriguing. :thumbu:
why?

Not saying a Gold contender but I like a lot of names on here... Galvas, Frk and Tichachek are guys I've wanted to see tried out. Same with Jasek.

I do have to laugh as I make fun of the Czechs for always putting NHLers on the bench. Well, Plekanec retired last week and is now the Assistant Coach of the NT.lol

Galvas have been great with Malmö so far

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

GK - good, nice to see Malek there. I would maybe prefer to see D.Kral from Liberec instead of Pavlat, but its still interesting duo this way.

D - eeh Dvorak again why? Are they sure they didnt make mistake and instead of Tomas they wanted to invite Jakub lol? Other than that its fine, and really looking forward to see Tichacek.

FW - of course some guys are logically missing. Dont like Lenc there, I think we could have got there someone younger and more productive. Would like to see for example Najman or Hladonik there. Also strange that Kaut is not selected, I thought they would like to see how he looks after that long time spend in NA, at least thats why I think they are bringing Frk, which would be really interesting to watch how he does in the NT. And of course I am glad for Kubik, like that guy for a few season already, so I love he is finally going to get some NT action.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
GK - good, nice to see Malek there. I would maybe prefer to see D.Kral from Liberec instead of Pavlat, but its still interesting duo this way.

D - eeh Dvorak again why? Are they sure they didnt make mistake and instead of Tomas they wanted to invite Jakub lol? Other than that its fine, and really looking forward to see Tichacek.

FW - of course some guys are logically missing. Dont like Lenc there, I think we could have got there someone younger and more productive. Would like to see for example Najman or Hladonik there. Also strange that Kaut is not selected, I thought they would like to see how he looks after that long time spend in NA, at least thats why I think they are bringing Frk, which would be really interesting to watch how he does in the NT. And of course I am glad for Kubik, like that guy for a few season already, so I love he is finally going to get some NT action.
I thought Frk, Galvas, Kral and Kaut would tear shit up when they came over. Not really seeing it as a stat watcher. Frk is a guy I've wanted to see for awhile back in Europe and on NT. Hope he can get a top 6 spot firing the puck. He will disappear quickly in bottom 6.

I loved Kaut and cheered hard but he's not doing that great at all. Hardly noticeable at the last World's and 5pts in 8 games is always well below what I'd expect. Haven't seen a game though so maybe I'm missing something.

Kubik is a name I keep reading about. Also interested to see how he does.

I don't know much about the goalies at all... All of Vejmelka, Dostal and Mrazek have contracts and should be available!

Reactions: martygod12

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Frk has been a healthy scratch in Bern more often than not so the sample size is quiet small. Probably because he is a little bit too unidimensional for Tappola. He certainly has a hell of a shot but hardly ever on target but that might be due to the lack of ice time/games played. Will be interesting to see whether he performs well in the NT

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Frk has been a healthy scratch in Bern more often than not so the sample size is quiet small. Probably because he is a little bit too unidimensional for Tappola. He certainly has a hell of a shot but hardly ever on target but that might be due to the lack of ice time/games played. Will be interesting to see whether he performs well in the NT
I thought he'd be awesome but I have yet to read a good report. He will end up in extraliga next year is my guess.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I thought he'd be awesome but I have yet to read a good report. He will end up in extraliga next year is my guess.
don't get me wrong I don't think he's an useless plug. I still think he could be valuable for Bern he has not had enough opportunities to shine yet, he will now get some games and if he starts to produce I think he could claim a spot

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Anton Lindholm and Patrik Karlqvist has declined.

I want this lines.

Dahlen - Lindberg - Fröden
Nygård - Kempe - Petersson
Eklind - Johansson - Sylvegård
Bengtsson - Ejdsell - Friberg

Rasmussen (stay on the bench man)

Alsing - Heed
Fantenberg - Persson
Dahlström - Hansson
Hardegård - Granberg

Goalies one game each, the one who did best gets the chance to start in the last game, common sense.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Christoffer Ehn have been called in. Good choice. Games will be shown on SVT Play for us swedes.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Never understood why Winland has agreed to that - that they always are assigned to the season's first EHT tournament, early November - and this is not rotated for some reason..

It's a huge advantage to have your home EHT tournament just before the Worlds (usually Sweden has had that last EHT tournament) - some of your NHL stars that miss the playoffs arrive to home soil, participate in that last EHT at home, trying to click with the rest of the team.

If your NHL star comes to play in the Worlds, he does not want to play a warm-up EHT tournament if it's not at home...

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Watching it now.. 2-0 Czechs after 5 minutes. My understanding is they set a record and were up 4-0 in first period. I put zero value in EHT teams but I will say they look like a Rulik team. Fast, aggressive and not sitting around waiting for a counter attack.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Masin is looking good.... former first rounder that didn't play a game in NHL. I was always a fan.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just Stransky with a 10 bell chance (from spacek) and no finish. He is cursed in a Czech jersey.

Reactions: Bijelo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad