Tribute 2023-24 season - POSITIVITY THREAD - PART 1

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Lots of room for hope. But i dont feel this team has the earned the right to have expectations from me that they have to win. I feel they still need to prove to me that such expectations are warranted. We have developed a really intriguing team. But they still have to find a way to come together and show they can do it now. Then i will put expectations on them. I want to see steady growth now

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
Seal approves!

1690124324623.png

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We need to add another top 9 winger with size and speed to provide depth but I feel it’s coming together. As always avoiding season ending injuries to our better players will be crucial.

Reactions: SENStastic

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
We need to add another top 9 winger with size and speed to provide depth but I feel it’s coming together. As always avoiding season ending injuries to our better players will be crucial.

This is the positivity thread. Parker Kelly provides size and depth making things look real good.

Reactions: Duncstar

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

That's the one glaring hole. Still question marks in goal, and with Norris' shoulder. And how the hell DJ is going to actually coach. Plus it's seeming more and more like key players on this team are injury prone.

But this should be a playoff caliber team unless some of those question marks are answered in the worst way possible.

Reactions: SweSensFan

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
On paper we are better than the likes of Florida, Buffalo, Detroit. I stand by that. I look at our goaltending + defense and we're clearly better. Toronto is most likely going to finish first, our target is to finish above Tampa and Boston. I think out of those two Boston will most likely regress more - unless the Ullmark/Swayman duo is not a fluke.

I like our chances, although I still think we need to sign one more decent forward.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
There are reasons for optimism which appear to exceed the reasons for pessimism for next season. I expect the team to be in competition for a playoff position near the end of the season but not guaranteed a playoff spot. It will be a fight to the finish.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m stoked, we have one more spot to fill but this team should excite next season. I’m looking forward to training camp too, I want to see how the kids are coming along.

I have high hopes for Norris/Bath Chabby/Chych and Korpi/Forsberg

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
One reason for optimism is that they were able to be in the mix at the deadline despite having the worst 5v5 SH%, even a modest improvement to being middle of the pack would go along way in getting results.

Reactions: Dionysus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad