GDT: 2023-24 season game 81 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @6:30pm 4/15/24

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In reflection I think Levy was playing the Super Troopers “meow” game with “Faber”

When they play the Wild they are.My god that team just sucks the life out of every team they face. Tonight was just like the last 5 years vs them.

It’s true. Wild are getting a free pass for being as fun to watch as paint dry because the Kings are as fun to watch as watching grass grow. Not in vogue to complain about Minnesota though, they’re currently even more irrelevant than us, we are at least some Canadian teams colostomy bag for another week.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
That's crazy.

When Byfield had that spectacular goal vs Columbus he was at 18G/24A/42Pts in 52 games. Since then he has 1/10/11 in 27 games. Had he kept up his first 52 pace he would have finished the year with 28G/38A/66Pts

To potentially miss out on both bonuses, especially the goal one would have been unimaginable 2 months ago with the way he was playing.
He was out there last night with the empty net... sort of came close once to getting a shot off.. wouldve been nice

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Can’t wait for the usual suspects to come in and say how entertaining this season has been and therefore: SUCCESS!!
97-99 points and a playoff spot -- that's huge success. One of the most successful Kings regular season in history. We've made it. I don't understand the negativity. HF posters are crazy. ;)

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Only 5 more games left in quite possibly the least entertaining season in the last 20 years.

This team is simply broken, from top to bottom, and it really is hard to watch.
Considering all the assets Bluc has wasted acquiring win-now players, it feels like we're headed into a reeeeeeally dark (shark?) era for the next however many years.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
In reflection I think Levy was playing the Super Troopers “meow” game with “Faber”
Great pull RJ

1713285667659.png

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Can’t wait for the usual suspects to come in and say how entertaining this season has been and therefore: SUCCESS!!

So good that it warranted a thread on the main board calling it a "Master Class" by Rob Blake. It no longer exists, but yes, that is what finishing 3rd (or maybe 4th) in the Pacific means to them.

But hey, these are the same folks who would rather be in the black hole than be picking Top 5 "Any day of the week"

Last edited:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Either the Kings are going to get decimated in the first round, or the hockey gods will be fickle, they'll clear the first round, get decimated in the second round, and have to continue with the same management group.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Considering all the assets Bluc has wasted acquiring win-now players, it feels like we're headed into a reeeeeeally dark (shark?) era for the next however many years.

Yup, see the turn of the century Kings and what they became, because they weren't bad enough to be picking high, or good enough to be contending. Eventually the players aged out and you don't have the quality of prospects to replace them.

This organization won championships when it started drafting players like Kopitar, Doughty and Quick. It's depressing to look at where this team could be had they not ended the rebuild, and what they could have as far as young assets.

The tear down always eventually comes, it's just a matter of how many years you spent as King Sisyphus trying to push the boulder up the hill.

Reactions: tigermask48

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Its only going to be dark if they keep the same matrix level illusion of being a contender and remain in the black hole.. If they dynamite Blake's picasso next year, initially it will be depressing realizing all the sucking from 2017 on was for nothing.. but at least you have some pieces to build around to restart a rebuild. They first have to sublimate Kopi and Doughty - and let them be traded if they so desire.

Reactions: Fripp

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The black hole the kings are entering is to be avoided by serious sports franchises in all sports not just hockey. Its a death sentence for teams that aspire to championships. If the actual future goal is mediocrity however, the black hole is an outstanding place to be in. Outcomes are very predictable and stasis reigns. A very safe losers atmosphere for management and players that encourages management yes men and good boy company man players. Everybody keeps cashing checks and staying safe.It is the antithesis of warrior and winner mentality.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Yup, see the turn of the century Kings and what they became, because they weren't bad enough to be picking high, or good enough to be contending. Eventually the players aged out and you don't have the quality of prospects to replace them.

This organization won championships when it started drafting players like Kopitar, Doughty and Quick. It's depressing to look at where this team could be had they not ended the rebuild, and what they could have as far as young assets.

The tear down always eventually comes, it's just a matter of how many years you spent as King Sisyphus trying to push the boulder up the hill.
You know I agree with the sentiment, but Kopitar was a blackhole DT pick and Quick was taken in the 3rd round.

DL didn't end the rebuild early like Blake, but he also didn't use his powder on something like Dubois or a winger like Fiala. The latter is a final piece to put a team over the top and the former is the first piece towards perpetual mediocrity.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Only 5 more games left in quite possibly the least entertaining season in the last 20 years.

This team is simply broken, from top to bottom, and it really is hard to watch.

That a bit of a reach. Have you forgotten Andy Murray hockey.." I play my best hockey when..." Followed by the other Murray ...

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
During games like this, I wonder if hard booze sales skyrocket? Beer wouldn't help fast enough.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
That a bit of a reach. Have you forgotten Andy Murray hockey.." I play my best hockey when..." Followed by the other Murray ...
I’m not arguing the entertainment value of the on-ice product in a vacuum.

Those teams always had some sort of beacon of hope to focus on, where they punched above their weight class on occasion, whereas this current iteration has nearly nothing. This is an overpaid, underachieving, pit of misery to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad