GDT: 2023-24 season game 79 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:30pm 4/11/24

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Like to see Turcotte Centre the 4th line with Grundstrom and Thomas on the Wings...Lizotte and Lewis can be the 13th-14th forwards...and Kaliyev can be 15th I guess
Turcotte is still being paper macheted back together .. and Turcotte in the playoffs - ughh i fear for his long term health he makes Vilardi look like iron man

Reactions: sinister6000

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
It’s very likely to see Edmonton take the division, and if the Kings lock up the 3rd spot, they could face Vancouver.
Man I hope so.

Interesting to see what happens when Grundstrom and Turcotte come back, cuz Thomas is just so effective as a bottom line player, there's literally no room. But it never hurts to have extra's in the playoffs though...

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
GK8J8dKWAAEYhBY

RV is such a crafty little vet.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Man I hope so.

Interesting to see what happens when Grundstrom and Turcotte come back, cuz Thomas is just so effective as a bottom line player, there's literally no room. It never hurts to have extra's in the playoffs though...
Tis a good problem to have

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Do the Kings continue to play the Vets the rest of the way or do we see what the youngsters can bring...I'm thinking Portillo,Clarke,Madden,Chromiak and of course Turcotte and continued minutes for Thomas so some of our aging vets can get a break(maintenance) and get ready for the "real Season"...play-offs when its all for the Marbles

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Man I hope so.

Interesting to see what happens when Grundstrom and Turcotte come back, cuz Thomas is just so effective as a bottom line player, there's literally no room. But it never hurts to have extra's in the playoffs though...

Turcootee is not coming back unless we have injuries.

Akil has passed him already.

Laferrierre might be scratched for Grun Grun Grun awaaay!

Reactions: lumbergh

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Do the Kings continue to play the Vets the rest of the way or do we see what the youngsters can bring...I'm thinking Portillo,Clarke,Madden,Chromiak and of course Turcotte and continued minutes for Thomas so some of our aging vets can get a break(maintenance) and get ready for the "real Season"...play-offs when its all for the Marbles

I think you keep the Vets in and try to stay in front of Vegas in points.

Hoping Vancouver stumbles again and Oil pass them

Those 2 face off on Saturday, that may go along way towards deciding who wins the Pacific.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There are rules. This team can't call up a single player because they're against the salary cap. Additionally a team can only call up four players after the trade deadline. I believe they already have.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I have been an Akil fan since we drafted him, but never expected this
It’s obviously very early in terms of production but I’m not surprised in the slightest that he’s obviously a NHL player. He has good game IQ, a well rounded skill set and has a bit of grit. I never understood why anyone would say he wasn’t good enough and quite a few people said just that. Pleased for him though because he’s a very high character guy that has struggled with those significant shoulder surgeries.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Nice to see a youngish player like Thomas come up and immediately make it where the coaches just can't take him out of the lineup. He has provided intangibles that Kaliyev didn't and offensive production that Turcotte didn't. He has earned the right to be active for the playoffs, now rest some vets and give him some nice run the next few games to keep building up his offensive confidence.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
There are rules. This team can't call up a single player because they're against the salary cap. Additionally a team can only call up four players after the trade deadline. I believe they already have.
This is the correct answer. Only call ups the Kings can do is emergency call ups due to lack of minimum number of position players. Doesn't look like they can even activate Grundstrom (appears to be ready to go) due to lack of CAP space, and sending Thomas down doesn't seem like an option since he would have to clear waivers and is playing well. Thomas was an emergency recall but his status has changed to a regular recall since the Kings have enough healthy forwards. Very little the Kings can do, seems they will ride it out the rest of the regular season and make decisions at that point. Turcotte will stay in ONT on a conditioning loan the rest of the regular season.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
This is the correct answer. Only call ups the Kings can do is emergency call ups due to lack of minimum number of position players. Doesn't look like they can even activate Grundstrom (appears to be ready to go) due to lack of CAP space, and sending Thomas down doesn't seem like an option since he would have to clear waivers and is playing well. Thomas was an emergency recall but his status has changed to a regular recall since the Kings have enough healthy forwards. Very little the Kings can do, seems they will ride it out the rest of the regular season and make decisions at that point. Turcotte will stay in ONT on a conditioning loan the rest of the regular season.
I guess that means Grundstrom will stay on LTIR until the end of the season and then miraculously recover to be activated for game 1?

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ho hum Anze Kopitar just reached 70 points in a season for the 9th time in his career. At age 36 his points per game is exactly the same as his points per game over his entire career. I just don't know how to explain it.
He's going to the HHOF but a lot of people here want to bash him all the time because he isn't Eric Lindros. Never understood it.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Ho hum Anze Kopitar just reached 70 points in a season for the 9th time in his career. At age 36 his points per game is exactly the same as his points per game over his entire career. I just don't know how to explain it.
I've seen Pens fans lamenting Crosby's imminent retiring and I feel the same way about Kopi, as well as Doughty further along the line. Both players have aged gracefully and have been matched against top tier opponents for most of their careers. Kopi has gotta be built like Jagr, just an absolute sturdy unit of a person. He has some amazing genes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad