GDT: 2023-24 season game 74 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @6:00pm 4/1/24

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
ACTUALLY

Kevin called in to say that Blake had done an excellent job of righting the ship and deserved to return as general manger next season so I didn't know if it was GBH or someone just trying to troll the rest of you.

Definitely wasn't me, A. No idea what number to call and B. I don't usually get to finish watching games til either 1am est or next morning etc,plus I really don't care who management is

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Saw the score at 2-1 last night during the 2nd period. Thought to myself, we're due for a win, nice. And what do you know I checked this morning and saw we lost. April Fools to me.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yep woke up still just as pissed about this one

outworked, again by a team who wants it more, again

the ultimate can crushers

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Sometimes in life there are no good options.

All the way way through 2031 we'd have a handicap of 3.3M with Richard factored in as well.

In a trade it would depends on how much we have to give up. PLD + 2024 1st + Prospect for Brendan Gallagher. I'd do it.

Then you can tell Kempe/Kopitar/Doughty/Moore/Danault if they want to win they'll have to do it elsewhere.
sending current "star" players is probably the only way to make it palatable. fast track a real rebuild. if you start shipping 1sts AGAIN and retaining all these albatrosses i think you're handicapping yourself even harder. maybe a mid-round 1st this draft isn't the end of the world though

regardless, either the trigger has to be pulled or the pill has to be swallowed THIS offseason. the buyout value absolutely tanks if you don't do it this offseason

personally i find it very hard to believe they're gonna do anything but sit on their thumbs and allow him to be a disappointment, no matter who's in charge, but that's purely my opinion

Not even pissed anymore. One step closer to an organization colon cleanse.
you're not wrong..

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
sending current "star" players is probably the only way to make it palatable. fast track a real rebuild. if you start shipping 1sts AGAIN and retaining all these albatrosses i think you're handicapping yourself even harder. maybe a mid-round 1st this draft isn't the end of the world though

regardless, either the trigger has to be pulled or the pill has to be swallowed THIS offseason. the buyout value absolutely tanks if you don't do it this offseason

personally i find it very hard to believe they're gonna do anything but sit on their thumbs and allow him to be a disappointment, no matter who's in charge, but that's purely my opinion

you're not wrong..
It doesn't really matter if it's a star player or a first IMO, because this would trigger a rebuild, and you'd be trading said star player away anyways for 1st(s). That's how I see it.

Kempe + PLD for Gallagher? Okay. Fine with me. I don't give a shit really.

I agree with you they'll most likely do nothing.

Another problem with trading PLD is that he's scheduled to make over 22M the next two seasons. Teams won't like that.

Reactions: tny760

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This teams only roster problem is that they don’t have any men who are willing to hurt other players like other teams are. On top of that, the brass is awful.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
My question is does AEG care about the the teams performance or the the kings at all?
Maybe they will just happily continue to write those checks for the three stooges and the rest with no thought of winning, the team or its brand.
Ive been a fan if the kings for longer than i will admit and its sorry to watch an organization finally become a champion and a place players wanted to come to revert back to the nhl laughingstock it was for decades.
Paying customers and consumers dont deserve it.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
After losing 3 straight there is now a real chance that this team misses playoffs. I just think I can't be disappointed more, and then it keeps going.

Also, a little bit of a new/old topic, but in the mainstream Kings media sphere, it was commonly talked about that The Kopitar/Doughty regime had a "switch" for playoffs.

"Oh, they're slow now but they'll flip the switch and become more competitive"

"Just wait until games matter, they'll start producing then"

The fact is that the "switch" has been a complete copium myth ever since the cup was won. People look at what happened there and thought "oh they used to be bad and now good, so switch" when in actuality it was a dominant team once Sutter took over, and off loading forever minus Johnson for Carter was basically adding 10 wins a year. They were so good and in sync that things didn't matter.

2014 was a similar story, we were forcing Mike Richards at 2nd C when he was cooked, and moving him to 4th C in the middle of playoffs actually flipped the momentum. It wasn't a new found sense of effort or competition.

And every year since those two cups, there's been a little copium pipe in the corner wishing that things will magically get better when the regulars start caring a little more. And that is always a lie.

Kopitar, Doughty, and the culture around them do not get better later. They try their best all the time and variance fluctuates on whether that is good enough or not. Everyone's comments all the time point towards this being what actually happens, they play the same way all the time and don't understand why they lose.

I think Kopitar and Doughty are still serviceable players, but they are not banner holders. They cannot carry a team on their back. And their temperaments do not inspire lesser performers to be better, nor themselves to be better.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 12.25.45 PM.png

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Management: This team was built for April. Our goal is to be a team that makes the playoffs and advances to the second round. We’ve improved our depth down the middle in order to compete against opponents who have better talent.

Reality: Flawed teams who spend less are on the cusp of upsetting us. If we fail, everyone is up for getting fired. If they fail, they ar still more likely to improve next year. Biggest story of our offseason is whether our future #1C gets bought out.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Why are you guys still watching you all know the story just come back here to talk a little shit and check the countdown until Blake and Luc get told to f*** off!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad