our team lacks offense

Won’t play Kaliyev because he can’t play Defence

Will play Lewis but he has no offence

Sound plan.

IMG_5966.jpeg

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Lizotte lead all Kings forwards with 5 hits. He played 11:29.

For comparison, PLD played 17:07 and had 0 hits.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
TOI:

Anderson - 16:16
Doughty - 27:58

Gavrikov - 18:42
Roy - 19:07

Englund - 11:53
Spence - 14:14

Moverare - 6:41

Lots of ways to look at it- They were doing the 11/7 before, maybe now there are other reasons? Maybe it's not so much about Moverare and his inexperience? Maybe they don't want Englund to play as much? Or maybe they are worried how Mikey holds up coming back from the injury?Tough to explain playing a rookie D for only 7 minutes

Someone should ask

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I’m so glad I detached from this team emotionally after that last playoff series. Just waiting out the clock for new management; they are going to do nothing but sell tickets until Bluc is gone. I don’t even hear the rosiest of ass kissers saying we are gonna win a play off round. Not 1! That is sad as f*** for a cap team. Not a single person on this board sees this team as a contender!

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I missed most of this one. When I tuned in I saw Kopitar relaxing on the ice in front of the net as Kempe scored.

1710386543387.png

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Oh no I missed another game lol.

I actually don't think I've watched any hockey since the deadline.

Rob Blake didn't have faith to bring someone in so why should I waste 3 hours of my day to watch this crap. Team sucks.
Very logical reasoning...but fan=fanatic, and we suckers cant help watching the car wreck unfold before our eyes

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The Kings have a #1 center that can't create scoring chances.

I think we have three #2 centers, two of which are known for their defensive prowess and one known for being lazy and disengaged

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
When it comes down to it, the Kings are just a middling team, and they're doing what middling teams do. Win some, lose some.

The situation wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for that PLD contract. That's what gets me down. It's going to drag the organization down for nearly a decade. Had it not been for that contract LA would be in a pretty good spot to rebuild.

We're fooked.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm watching the replay of this for the first time, but knowing what happened...and I think the Kings could very easily have won this game. I thought this would be much worse.

There are a lot of things ordinarily I would complain about but Binnington was extremely good.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm watching the replay of this for the first time, but knowing what happened...and I think the Kings could very easily have won this game. I thought this would be much worse.

There are a lot of things ordinarily I would complain about but Binnington was extremely good.
they definitely had chances, binnington just shut em all down

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think we'd feel a lot better about Binnington goalie'ing them if they had proven to just have 'an off night' for the offense

but when you're purposely minimizing offensive kids in the meantime and watching your prized 8.5 million dollar offensive additions do their damndest best to get scored on, 'getting goalied' is just one of 5 ways we consistently lose.

And more so than most teams and it has been this way for years. 6th in scoring chances for %, 29th in shooting %.

So, no, I don't write many games off to 'just got goalied, shit happens' anymore. That's a systematic roster construction issue if you're capped out with no help on the way because you spent all your assets playing dress-up contender.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When it comes down to it, the Kings are just a middling team, and they're doing what middling teams do. Win some, lose some.

The situation wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for that PLD contract. That's what gets me down. It's going to drag the organization down for nearly a decade. Had it not been for that contract LA would be in a pretty good spot to rebuild.

We're fooked.

And properly, it's basically the 2016 Kings with less success. Capped out, everyone too old to trade for significant assets, already shipped out all your valuable youth, no high picks or prospects riding into town to save you.

4-5 years at the very least of misery coming right up. But at least we can watch the once-promising youth be top-pairing d-men and scoring assets on other successful teams in the meantime!

Reactions: Bandit and KINGS17

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
And properly, it's basically the 2016 Kings with less success. Capped out, everyone too old to trade for significant assets, already shipped out all your valuable youth, no high picks or prospects riding into town to save you.

4-5 years at the very least of misery coming right up. But at least we can watch the once-promising youth be top-pairing d-men and scoring assets on other successful teams in the meantime!
I think we have a lot of tradeable assets though. If LA did want to rebuild.

But even if we did, we're stuck with PLD's sorry ass. I don't think you win with a guy like that on your roster.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think we have a lot of tradeable assets though. If LA did want to rebuild.

But even if we did, we're stuck with PLD's sorry ass. I don't think you win with a guy like that on your roster.

Look out, 2032

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad